Active Now

Pet Eater
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you actually believe in astrology? If so, doesn't that make you an atheist?

Do you actually believe in astrology? If so, doesn't that make you an atheist?

Posted - March 1, 2018

Responses

Of course not.

There are ways to read data besides the seen world of science.  It is the unseen world of the unconscious as a connection to our soul and SOURCE, which I believe to be the exact same.   So, if you see SIGNS, they can be read by you and maybe no other.   That is GUT feelings that really must be verified with much more than just what one FEELS an answer to some question is.   There must be verification that these gut messages are valid.  Oftentimes with gifted sensitives who spend time perfecting this craft, the gut feelings turn out to be true.

So, that is the hard way.

There are Tarot Cards.  They work.   If you have a practitioner of Tarot, the cards can be read and you will get a great reading.

Energy manifests by just asking.  I knew this in my gut since I was about 20.   There were no people around that knew what I was talking about.   I shut up about it, but I listened and learned over time.   What I learned is that all the information is in me and I can bring it to the surface by asking the Universe to show me.

So, I can seriously go to any quack psychic.   It is not about the psychic.  IT is about my ability to connect to the message the psychic is going to impart to me.

Or, I can ask the Universe to answer a question by picking up a book and pointing at a paragraph.

Or, I can just pray for an answer ans wait.

So, the horoscope language fits into this category.   There is a lot of energy behind the messages.   I get answers this way.   I don't ask that often.   I try not to ask too much about what lies ahead and just accept.  
      March 1, 2018 11:05 AM MST

Sweetly and nicely said
    Satsang to my ears 

March 1, 2018 3:02 PM MST

Tarot was invented as a pastime, the whole fortune-telling bit is something to impress the marks and relieve them of their money. Those are PLAYING CARDS, for the game of Tarok (a three-cornered game similar to bridge but more complicated). The Major Arcana are trumps with the exception of the Fool,  which is a sacrificial card used to protect more valuable suit cards.
    The playing cards we use today evolved from the minor arcana of the Tarot - the only major arcanum to survive is the Fool (Joker). Cups became hearts, coins to diamonds, swords to spades and staves to clubs.
      March 1, 2018 3:46 PM MST

You are not listening.   It does not matter what you use, you can use an Ouiji  Board or whatever avenue you choose.  If you are connected, you will get answers.  If you are not, you can have a Rosary blessed by the Pope and it won't connect you to anything.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 2, 2018 2:44 PM MST
      March 1, 2018 6:22 PM MST

OMG! Sharonna posted without griping about Trump! We won't know how to act!
      March 2, 2018 2:30 PM MST

Look out, when I get spiritual, it is even worse.

March 2, 2018 3:55 PM MST

I understand what you are saying, but being a science guy (my first AB name, btw) it I find it difficult to feel that way, but I DO respect your beliefs as I may be wrong. (I should have been a diplomat. LOL)
    Also, I am going to ask Just Asking to manifest me some energy. LOLOL.
      March 1, 2018 11:13 AM MST

If one finds astrology has more significant meaning and value over belief in God so to feel that God probably does not exist then astrology could make one an atheist.  However I think science of astrology was discovered and gods/God was invented. 
      March 1, 2018 12:13 PM MST

Astrology is not a science.
      March 1, 2018 12:26 PM MST

Was considered a science in ancient times. 
      March 1, 2018 4:20 PM MST

haha
    God can be discovered as well :) This post was edited by Baba at March 1, 2018 4:23 PM MST
      March 1, 2018 3:08 PM MST

Astrology is bunk. Tauris and Gemini aren't supposed to get along, right? This Gemini has been with his Taurus for nearly thirty years.

On the other hand,  I do believe God is - and I'm a science guy too.
      March 1, 2018 3:40 PM MST

I know the math to show the bunk.
      March 1, 2018 3:43 PM MST

I was curious about astrology many years ago.  Found a guy that knew the "principles" of it quite well.

He was a rather interesting guy and I got a lot of information about the subject.

I finally avoided him once he confided to me that he had actually been born on Venus.

I don't know about causality, but some of the correlational lists (of occupations and birth dates, for example) were mildly interesting.

It wasn't really anything that I maintained an active interest in.  
      March 1, 2018 4:20 PM MST

Astrology does not preclude a belief that a deity put the stars there. It is a system of ”reading” the stars (and yes, it is bunk), not a claim for or against the existence of gods. Astrology is not inherently atheistic

It is of ironic significance that the major monotheisms rank astrology alongside works of the devil, even though all of man’s gods can be traced directly from astrological precepts. This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 1, 2018 5:59 PM MST
      March 1, 2018 5:53 PM MST

OMG no.......the way I see it, God created all of this for us......He gave us a brain to think and reason with......

a rather easy example; many years ago farmers noticed that when the moon looked a certain way, there tended to be more rain than usual,......and so on.

I know this is a really basic example, but it's a starting point.

Astrology is a GUIDE, people, not carved in stone...as an astrologer once told me...'you can be out on a sailboat; now you can't control the waves or the wind, but you can set the sails"..

see?

YOU still have an intelligence and so forth to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in.

ASTROLOGY IS A GUIDE......and is a wonderful gift that is constantly being wasted by naysayers, etc.

IF I WERE A SKEPTIC, AND I'M NOT.......(have studied it for years and use it) the FIRST THING I'D DO IS GET MY BIRTHCHART DONE!!!!!!!!

AND see what it says about me......then I'd get a one year forecast, and see what happens.

BUT DO THE NAYSAYERS DO THIS??????

why hell no!!!!!!

so they live in IGNORANCE of what a wonderful, beautiful gift astrology is for us....to USE AND GUIDE US NOT TO RUN OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!

I look at the lives of famous people, past & present, and often think.....'gee, if only they'd had at least a little guidance from astrology; it may have helped.........." 

of course they could have ignored it, but at least they'd have some idea of what they COULD have done or at least thought of doing.

- SIGH -

AS FOR  compatibility.........."I'm a Virgo and my boyfriend's a Gemini; are we compatible?

GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE!!!

compatibility can only be done with date/time/place of birth of each person; then you can go from there.

YA CAN'T USE JUST SUN SIGNS FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, I'll stop for now............

but I hope this at least gives someone more to think about.

DON'T MAKE FUN OF ASTROLOGY,,,,,,IT HAS HELPED MANY MANY PEOPLE OVER THE YEARS.

you cannot fault astrology....the way it's interpreted, perhaps....but it's always there for us to LEARN FROM AND GIVING US HELP IN LIVING OUR LIVES.

and as always, we have the last word....................

August 18, 2018 9:03 AM MDT