Active Now

Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Mothers: If you have a daughter in her forties, single, and sexually active, are you secretly envious of her?

Mothers: If you have a daughter in her forties, single, and sexually active, are you secretly envious of her?

Posted - March 7, 2018

Responses

Neelie, the only mom's who feel that way are the one's who did not experience a satisfying sex life themselves, I guess.

I have had sex.   I wish my daughter had more sex than she currently has, which is hardly any.

LOL

I do not begrudge anyone sexual joy.   As long as both people are sexually happy.

I had plenty of sex and I really only do not have much now because I just don't need to care about it any more.  I know how you feel.   It is hard to imagine being a certain age and wondering how anyone can feel like they don't need something you feel you must have.

It's a freeing feeling not to NEED.  I don't NEED.  I love that.  I like POWER. 

March 7, 2018 4:54 PM MST

(mom's moms)

Possessive noun vs plural noun. You lose. 

:[
      March 7, 2018 9:06 PM MST

• In one of our heart-to-hearts my mother did admit she was envious of my life. Not that I'm promiscuous - in fact I'm going through a quiet phase at present - but my mother wishes her times were more like today's. Because of her strict orthodox upbringing, the only man she's ever been to bed with is my father, and that too after she was married. Ironically, theirs was a love match as opposed to arranged matches which were prevalent in those days. 
      March 7, 2018 9:53 PM MST

I would be ashamed to claim a daughter of such low morality. 
      May 30, 2018 11:43 PM MDT

Being sexually active doesn't necessarily mean promiscuous. My wife is fifty and sexually active. With me exclusively, as I am with her. Hopefully we both will remain so for many years to come.
      May 31, 2018 2:30 AM MDT

Within the marital arrangement sexual relations are sanctified by the one who instituted marriage. (Genesis 1:28; 2:24)
      May 31, 2018 7:51 AM MDT