Active Now

Thebigd
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Do you remember what types of pictures you first drew very well when you were in kindergarten? Mine were horses. ~

Do you remember what types of pictures you first drew very well when you were in kindergarten? Mine were horses. ~

Posted - March 12, 2018

Responses

stick figures
      March 12, 2018 11:20 PM MDT

Well, I had this table in a room off the kitchen.  The walls were knotty pine, so we called it the Knotty-Pine Room.   I had a little table in the corner of the knotty-pine room.  It was grey marble formica table top with a cut-out in the middle for a seat.  I never used the seat.  I used the table, so the seat never came up and that is all you need to know about the table.  Next, on to the artistry of my abilities at age 5.   I would cut and paste things.  That is my first memory.  Cutting.  (NOT ME.  I am not Angelina Jolie)   I mean I loved LOVED LOVED cut-out dolls and the wardrobes you could cut out and dress them in. 

God, those were the days.   From there it was paste.   Loved glue and paste.  I loved the valentines when I was a kid where you got the hearts already pre-cut and you glued paper lace all around the heart.

I loved that. 

I was a cut and paster.  My grandma had a heart-attack when I decided to glue pictures on the wall of the knotty-pine room as decorations.   Why didn't she STOP me, for godsakes???

Italian grandma's spoiled their first grandchild. 

March 12, 2018 11:32 PM MDT

Great answer, I love it!  I'll even overlook that errant apostrophe!

March 13, 2018 5:46 AM MDT

P.s.   I was also very big on clay.

March 12, 2018 11:49 PM MDT

I didn't draw well in kindergarten.  I still don't.  I gave up a while back.
      March 13, 2018 2:26 AM MDT

I still can't draw. I'm even lousy at draw poker.

My creativity is musical. Composed my first tune in second grade - I was six.
      March 13, 2018 5:43 AM MDT

I don't remember anything about when I was in kindergarten, except for falling down and cutting my head on my way back home one day.
      March 13, 2018 11:25 AM MDT

• "I don't remember anything about public school until I got to the third grade ... sorry."
      March 13, 2018 2:23 PM MDT

I don't remember.
    But I do seem to remember the adults encouraging me to use other-colored crayons besides brown. How I loved the color brown! I still do.
    :)

I like SHARONNA's answer, too. Actually, I enjoyed reading all the answers, I just realized.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 13, 2018 9:38 PM MDT
      August 31, 2018 5:48 PM MDT

• The first thing I remember drawing was the face of a boy using the lowercase letters b-o-y.    I think I learned that on Captain Kangaroo, so I must have been around five.
      October 13, 2018 9:17 PM MDT