Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Health-related horror stories are rampant. Did you ever have a medical or dental procedure go VERY well? ~

Health-related horror stories are rampant. Did you ever have a medical or dental procedure go VERY well? ~

Posted - March 14, 2018

Responses

• Yes.
    When I had four broken ribs and a pneumothorax, the doctors put a stent in and kept me in hospital until the lungs were fully drained. The staff care was so good that there was no infection, and my body was able to take over the healing.
    A similar "good experience" occurred when I fell from a ride-on mower down a steep embankment and the mover blades took a huge three-inch deep chunk out of one of my buttocks. It required four layers of stitching of the flesh and a prophylactic course of antibiotics. Again, there was no infection. Today, apart from a misshapen rear and a scar like an Egyptian hieroglyphic, I can use the leg and move normally. I am immensely grateful to our free medical services and their high standards. If I had lived somewhere else in this world, both these accidents could have killed me.
      March 14, 2018 5:30 PM MDT

Yes!  I had extensive sinus surgery last year and thought the recovery would be terrible and the results would be questionable.  I was pleasantly surprised on all fronts.  It was a 4 and half hour surgery where they had to reconstruct diseased areas of my nasal passages and sinuses.  The surgeon did a remarkable job and I could breathe through my nose immediately.  Of course they don't want you trying that out as you are coming out of the anesthetic.  The pain with recovery was minimal.  
      March 14, 2018 5:48 PM MDT

After several years of sheer agony, I had a spinal fusion that gave me my life back.
    Before the op I was hobbling with the aid of a cane, addicted to opioid painkillers (methadone, nothing with less authority had any effect), unable to hold down a job or drive a car (couldn't sit for more than ten minutes).
    A fortnight after surgery, I was off the drugs and running again. I'm working and have made three road trips from Adelaide to Sydney and back.
      March 15, 2018 5:34 AM MDT

March 15, 2018 7:45 AM MDT

Yes, broke 4 vertebrae in my neck while pregnant. (Dr said that was a first for them) Both me and baby are good.
    Husband cut off his index finger in a saw mill accident. Also did great. Most people don't notice unless we point it out. (These two accidents were a week apart...we looked like a wreck for a little while)
    Have never had a horror health story....
      March 15, 2018 5:42 AM MDT

(Both my baby and I)
      March 15, 2018 6:36 PM MDT

• Most experiences I have had at the doctors office seem to go pretty well. Even the few long term stays i had, there was some bumps but all in all it wasn’t Awful. I never had a doctor leave a scalpel in me or something. 
      March 15, 2018 7:58 AM MDT

yes, all the time
      March 15, 2018 5:36 PM MDT

I had my tonsils out at 4.  Nothing bad happened.  I had no tonsil pics but I did have a neck pic.  So....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 15, 2018 6:44 PM MDT
      March 15, 2018 6:43 PM MDT