Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What happened the last time you drew a line in the sand?

What happened the last time you drew a line in the sand?

Posted - March 15, 2018

Responses

The tide immediately came in and washed it away. 
    ~
      March 15, 2018 9:39 PM MDT

I cannot believe you missed the opportunity to say TILDE.   One "L" folks and he would have had it. 
      March 15, 2018 10:47 PM MDT

It wouldn't have worked here. 

~
      March 16, 2018 4:52 AM MDT

Exactly what I wanted and expected. The line was erased by the next wave
      March 15, 2018 9:50 PM MDT

The wind blew my intent totally south and yonder somewhere into the deep mystic.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 16, 2018 3:53 PM MDT
      March 15, 2018 9:59 PM MDT

Ya know, Sharonna, your political leanings kinda suck, but your musical leanings are excellent.
      March 16, 2018 3:15 PM MDT

It took me years to appreciate this man.  I never knew what the big deal was about him during the 60's when Bill Graham  used to rave about him in Rolling Stone.  I didn't get it.  Then one day, I realized I loved all his stuff.  I had an epiphany, I guess.  Brown-eyed girl.  No one can sing that and make it sound good.  He did....  speaking of brown eyes.... oh wait, I might get penaltied if I dare post the Trump sphincter mouth picture.  

So, just imagine my sick mind at work.....

Bill Graham Passes

The night they shut the Fillmore West down: music, nostalgia and basketball
    Concert promoter Bill Graham poses for a portrait in 1967 in San Francisco, California. Michael Ochs Archives/Getty
    By David Felton
    August 5, 1971
    Bill Graham and I are both Capricorns, both left-handed, both Jewish, both lovable, warm people.
    —Judi Land, senior salesgirl at the Fillmore West concession stand

Like many people whose faces resemble caricatures or, perhaps, masks, Bill Graham appears almost too familiar upon first live encounter, a bit too close to the news photo version. Unnerving. At least that's how it seemed June 29th, the night of the last Fillmore West in-house basketball game, audition and surprise jam. Though wearing an official purple Fillmore West jersey and matching trunks, Graham was instantly recognizable from his famous cartoon features — the terrifying arched eyebrows, the reptilian lines connecting his larger-than-life nose and mouth. It's one of those high-contrast faces that can be xeroxed with amazing accuracy. Try it.

His reputation, too, is something of a caricature, a legend of immoderate energy and temperament, and this also made him recognizable that Tuesday night as he dribbled, coached and hollered up and down the strangely bright Fillmore West basketball court.

To Graham, a man of excellent form for 40 years, nothing is "just a game." Someone mentioned the phrase to him at a basketball game two years ago and he bellowed, "Are you outa your f*ck*ng mind? Why play if you're gonna lose?"

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 16, 2018 3:50 PM MDT
      March 16, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

I felt empowered and darn relieved to have made a decision that took a lot of pain and drama out of my life for good.
      March 15, 2018 10:07 PM MDT

The cat peed on it.
      March 16, 2018 7:32 AM MDT

An adversary (bully) backed off, never to bother my friends again.
      March 16, 2018 11:58 AM MDT