Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is Lucifer transgender and sometimes takes on a female persona?

Is Lucifer transgender and sometimes takes on a female persona?

Or is it B'aal? I get my devils and Fallen angels mixed up.

Posted - March 23, 2018

Responses

Baal is from a whole other religion, Lucifer is a former angel.

Baal worship was a 'current issue' and many Israelites backslid to worship him. That is why he is mentioned so often in the bible in connection with admonitions NOT to to worship Baal. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 23, 2018 3:14 PM MDT
      March 23, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

Baal has a goat's head, bat wings, breasts and exemplifies transgenderism. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 4, 2018 7:32 AM MDT
      May 4, 2018 7:31 AM MDT

First of all, to attribute a GENDER to a DEMON is just human minds trying to describe something.

This phenomena truly possesses no feminine nor masculine attributes.  No one in the demon realm has sex organs.   Maybe they can attribute the energy to masculine or feminine which is utter nonsense and speculative.

Demon energy is merely a force.  It has no gender.

March 23, 2018 9:28 AM MDT

March 23, 2018 9:39 AM MDT

Well no... see .... there ain't any such thing as the devil 
      March 23, 2018 12:29 PM MDT

He's obviously done a good job of fooling many.
      March 23, 2018 3:15 PM MDT

He???????
      March 23, 2018 4:17 PM MDT

Satan the devil. Look at all the turmoil in the world, terrorism, mass shootings, racism, political unrest, you don't see that something is wrong?

(2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

(Revelation 12:7-12) And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”
      March 24, 2018 7:31 AM MDT

Thanks for all that.. it's kinda lost on me as I think you missed my point.. but 10 brownie points anyway for the long reply x
      March 25, 2018 2:34 PM MDT

Well thanks for the brownie points!

(2 Peter 3:1-6) Beloved ones, this is now the second letter I am writing you in which, as in my first one, I am stirring up your clear thinking faculties by way of a reminder, 2 that you should remember the sayings previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles. 3 First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water.
      March 25, 2018 7:05 PM MDT

The person that was called Lucifer (Isaiah 14:12) was referring to the king of Babylon not Satan/Devil. If you go back to verse 4 of that same chapter, the Bible says the following---
    "that you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon, and say, How the oppressor has ceased, And how fury has ceased!" 

Read Isaiah 14:4-22 to get the whole story.  So considering that the king of Babylon has long been dead, he can't be transgender or anything else. This post was edited by rusureamisure? at March 24, 2018 7:36 AM MDT
      March 23, 2018 12:37 PM MDT

Article from 2002:
    Is Lucifer a name that the Bible uses for Satan?
    The name Lucifer occurs once in the Scriptures and only in some versions of the Bible. For example, the King James Version renders Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!”
    The Hebrew word translated “Lucifer” means “shining one.” The Septuagint uses the Greek word that means “bringer of dawn.” Hence, some translations render the original Hebrew “morning star” or “Daystar.” But Jerome’s Latin Vulgate uses “Lucifer” (light bearer), and this accounts for the appearance of that term in various versions of the Bible.
    Who is this Lucifer? The expression “shining one,” or “Lucifer,” is found in what Isaiah prophetically commanded the Israelites to pronounce as a “proverbial saying against the king of Babylon.” Thus, it is part of a saying primarily directed at the Babylonian dynasty. That the description “shining one” is given to a man and not to a spirit creature is further seen by the statement: “Down to Sheol you will be brought.” Sheol is the common grave of mankind—not a place occupied by Satan the Devil. Moreover, those seeing Lucifer brought into this condition ask: “Is this the man that was agitating the earth?” Clearly, “Lucifer” refers to a human, not to a spirit creature.—Isaiah 14:4, 15, 16.
    Why is such an eminent description given to the Babylonian dynasty? We must realize that the king of Babylon was to be called the shining one only after his fall and in a taunting way. (Isaiah 14:3) Selfish pride prompted Babylon’s kings to elevate themselves above those around them. So great was the arrogance of the dynasty that it is portrayed as bragging: “To the heavens I shall go up. Above the stars of God I shall lift up my throne, and I shall sit down upon the mountain of meeting, in the remotest parts of the north. . . . I shall make myself resemble the Most High.”—Isaiah 14:13, 14.
    “The stars of God” are the kings of the royal line of David. (Numbers 24:17) From David onward, these “stars” ruled from Mount Zion. After Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem, the name Zion came to apply to the whole city. Under the Law covenant, all male Israelites were obliged to travel to Zion three times a year. Thus, it became “the mountain of meeting.” By determining to subjugate the Judean kings and then remove them from that mountain, Nebuchadnezzar is declaring his intention to put himself above those “stars.” Instead of giving Jehovah credit for the victory over them, he arrogantly puts himself in Jehovah’s place. So it is after being cut down to the earth that the Babylonian dynasty is mockingly referred to as the “shining one.”
    The pride of the Babylonian rulers indeed reflected the attitude of “the god of this system of things”—Satan the Devil. (2 Corinthians 4:4) He too lusts for power and longs to place himself above Jehovah God. But Lucifer is not a name Scripturally given to Satan.
      March 23, 2018 3:14 PM MDT

The bible does not reveal the personal name of the spirit creature that rebelled against Jehovah God. A fact that will never be revealed to mankind.
      May 3, 2018 11:09 PM MDT

Rev 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray.
      May 4, 2018 5:16 AM MDT

I think she may be referring to Satan's original name before becoming Satan the Devil?

SATAN
    [Resister].
    In many places in the Hebrew Scriptures, the word sa·tanʹ appears without the definite article. Used in this way, it applies in its first appearance to the angel that stood in the road to resist Balaam as he set out with the objective of cursing the Israelites. (Nu 22:22, 32) In other instances it refers to individuals as resisters of other men. (1Sa 29:4; 2Sa 19:21, 22; 1Ki 5:4; 11:14, 23, 25) But it is used with the definite article ha to refer to Satan the Devil, the chief Adversary of God. (Job 1:6, ftn; 2:1-7; Zec 3:1, 2) In the Greek Scriptures the word sa·ta·nasʹ applies to Satan the Devil in nearly all of its occurrences and is usually accompanied by the definite article ho.
    Origin. The Scriptures indicate that the creature known as Satan did not always have that name. Rather, this descriptive name was given to him because of his taking a course of opposition and resistance to God. The name he had before this is not given. God is the only Creator, and ‘his activity is perfect,’ with no injustice or unrighteousness. (De 32:4) Therefore, the one becoming Satan was, when created, a perfect, righteous creature of God. He is a spirit person, for he appeared in heaven in the presence of God. (Job chaps 1, 2; Re 12:9) Jesus Christ said of him: “That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him.” (Joh 8:44; 1Jo 3:8) Jesus here shows that Satan was once in the truth, but forsook it. Beginning with his first overt act in turning Adam and Eve away from God, he was a manslayer, for he thereby brought about the death of Adam and Eve, which, in turn, brought sin and death to their offspring. (Ro 5:12) Throughout the Scriptures the qualities and actions attributed to him could be attributed only to a person, not to an abstract principle of evil. It is clear that the Jews, and Jesus and his disciples, knew that Satan existed as a person.
    So, from a righteous, perfect start, this spirit person deviated into sin and degradation. The process bringing this about is described by James when he writes: “Each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death.” (Jas 1:14, 15) In the course that Satan took, there seems to be, in some respects, a parallel with that of the king of Tyre as described in Ezekiel 28:11-19.—See PERFECTION (The first sinner and the king of Tyre).
    The Scriptural account, therefore, makes it plain that it was Satan who spoke through the medium of a serpent, seducing Eve into disobedience to God’s command. In turn, Eve induced Adam to take the same rebellious course. (Ge 3:1-7; 2Co 11:3) As a consequence of Satan’s use of the serpent, the Bible gives Satan the title “Serpent,” which came to signify “deceiver”; he also became “the Tempter” (Mt 4:3) and a liar, “the father of the lie.”—Joh 8:44; Re 12:9.
      May 4, 2018 6:00 AM MDT

You think right my friend! Satan the devil are titles given this renegade. His real name will never be known. :) hence, his reason for blinding many to God's real name. (1 Corinthians 4:4) :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at May 4, 2018 11:22 AM MDT
      May 4, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

I was looking for an article but couldn't find it but here is a similar one though not really as relevant:
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013565?q=name+Ma%C2%B7no%CA%B9ah&p=par
      May 4, 2018 11:31 AM MDT

You would be the one to find an article tex. :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at May 4, 2018 2:04 PM MDT
      May 4, 2018 1:55 PM MDT

Each angel, fallen or otherwise, exhausts his own species.

If they in fact are included in the greater polarity found in the universe of masculine and feminine, then whatever they were when created they would retain that originality.

How they present themselves to us would, I would suppose, serve either theirs or both theirs and God's wishes.

St. Thomas Aquinas was rather fond of angels in general---he commented that they were to be created "with abandon."
      May 4, 2018 2:06 PM MDT

Sounds like a lovely man.

[In the 13th century, “Saint” Thomas Aquinas, called the Angelic Doctor, advocated the death sentence for heresy. The Catholic Encyclopedia explained this by saying: “Theologians and jurists based their attitude to some extent on the similarity between heresy and high treason.” The same work admits: “There can be no doubt, therefore, that the Church claimed the right to use physical coercion against formal apostates.”]

[noun. 1. a complete surrender to natural impulses without restraint or moderation; freedom from inhibition or conventionality: to dance with reckless abandon. Abandon ]
    Sounds like demons.

(Colossians 2:18) Let no man deprive you of the prize who takes delight in a false humility and a form of worship of the angels, “taking his stand on” the things he has seen. He is actually puffed up without proper cause by his fleshly frame of mind,
      May 4, 2018 4:15 PM MDT