Discussion » Questions » History » Back to The Statue of Liberty. Do you care to know its modeled after the deity Ishtar whose "liberty" meant sexual freedom? She was the

Back to The Statue of Liberty. Do you care to know its modeled after the deity Ishtar whose "liberty" meant sexual freedom? She was the

goddess of temple prostitutes making her mother of whores. Reveleations

Posted - March 24, 2018

Responses

No, I did not know that, and frankly I still do not know that. She is mostly deasribed as a fertility goddess (lots of babies) and that fit better with old Egyptian an other iron age cultures as we know them.
      March 24, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

(its it's)

(Comma after the word 'prostitutes'.)

(Revelations)
      March 24, 2018 11:41 AM MDT

One plate of buttermilk biscuits coming up, lol.
      March 24, 2018 11:57 AM MDT

(The Revelation To Saint John)

May 1, 2018 2:39 AM MDT

Your point?  He misspelled the word. 
    --
      May 1, 2018 6:19 AM MDT

Wow, that is very interesting.  :   I
      March 24, 2018 2:06 PM MDT

Have you ever read The Revelation? (Not "Reveleations".)

Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

The seven churches are then named, and they are all Jewish synagogues. St. John is commanded to write unto the angels of the seven churches. "Angel" means "messenger". Every synagogue had a clerk called "the messenger" who managed all the mail. All the figures of speech are Jewish. That is why goyim are unable to understand the book. The book speaks only of events AFTER Christians are taken out of the world. Nothing there concerns Christians or the Statue Of Liberty.
      March 24, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

Question about this quote: [... The book speaks only of events AFTER Christians are taken out of the world. Nothing there concerns Christians...]

Are you saying that in relation to the whole book of Revelation?
      May 3, 2018 7:08 AM MDT

Wow, if this is true, this country is more pagan than i knew it to be.  Most of its holidays, celebrations, and traditions are pagan rooted. From birthdays, new years,  down through December 25th, are all of pagan origin. 
      April 30, 2018 11:14 PM MDT

Nonsense. She's Marianne, the French personification of Liberty who was herself styled after the Roman goddess Libertas. A pagan goddess, but not that one.
      April 30, 2018 11:22 PM MDT

Sounds good to me. 
      May 1, 2018 6:56 AM MDT

Never heard that before. I don't think anyone was ever coerced to sing to it, make a pledge to it, serve it or any other form of worship.

https://edsitement.neh.gov/lesson-plan/statue-liberty-meaning-and-use-national-symbol

https://www.howtallisthestatueofliberty.org/what-does-the-statue-of-liberty-represent/

I am a little more concerned over being forced to worship images rather than the existence of an image. What used to happen in the U.S. is similar to what happened in Babylon with Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go. (Daniel 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sal9CsemNFw
    Lillian Gobitas (2011) Interview

(Exodus 20:4, 5) “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them, for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation of those who hate me,
    (Deuteronomy 4:15-19) “Therefore, watch yourselves closely—since you did not see any form on the day Jehovah spoke to you in Horʹeb out of the middle of the fire— 16 that you may not act corruptly by making for yourselves any carved image having the form of any symbol, the representation of male or female, 17 the representation of any animal on the earth or the representation of any bird that flies in the sky, 18 the representation of anything creeping on the ground or the representation of any fish in the waters under the earth. 19 And when you raise your eyes to the heavens and see the sun and the moon and the stars—all the army of the heavens—do not get seduced and bow down to them and serve them. Jehovah your God has given them to all the peoples under the whole heavens.

https://www.usconsulate.org.hk/pas/kids/sym_flag.htm
    Why stars and stripes? Stars are considered a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun.
      May 3, 2018 7:20 AM MDT