Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you follow a religion?

Do you follow a religion?

Posted - March 26, 2018

Responses

Great thing you are doing.
    What institution or organization are you active with in looking after orphans and widows in their tribulation, worldwide?
      March 31, 2018 2:42 PM MDT

Sincere question? What institution of organization are you active with in looking after orphans and widows in their tribulation, worldwide?

You might not be aware of it but Autumnleaves lost her husband a couple of years ago and is also a widow.
    JW's don't blow a trumpet or put on TV their assistance to others. (Matthew 6:1-4)
    We moved a lady and her two children and her elderly parents out of their house Sunday but we help people like that quite often.

The Bible admonishes Christians to help others as well.
    (Galatians 6:10) So, then, as long as we have the opportunity, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith.
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007687?q=%22Let+us+work+what+is+good+toward+all%22&p=par

I first read the following article in the examiner some years ago but that link is no longer good:

https://www.biblefriendlybooks.com/2016/08/helping-haiti-give-generously-but-wisely.html

March 31, 2018 3:06 PM MDT

If I donated $50 to the Catholic Charities Appeal, once a year, would that make me a worldwide activist in looking after orphans and widows in their tribulation?

April 1, 2018 6:49 AM MDT

Dunno if it meets your criteria as it was your question.
      April 1, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

Well, if it meets the criteria of Autumnleaves who is part of the world-wide association of Jehovah's witnesses, then I'm content that I am also active in institutions and organizations in looking after orphans and widows in their tribulation, worldwide, by donating to the Catholic Charities Appeal. I don't have to go to church to donate and I know where my charity is going.
    Thanks, buddy.
      April 1, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

Q "Do you follow a religion?"
    ========================

Yes, arguably the most ancient and most rational of all religions.

If God exists and is the creator of all humans then reason tells us that He would love all humans and would therefore want the best guidance for all humans not just for those from a particular part of the world or a particular race.

Reason also tells us that since it's the same unchanging God for all humans then the central message of all His guides must also be the same unchanging message, namely that He is our God, He is omniscient and that for our salvation in this world and the hereafter we should not follow our whims and desires but do His will, meaning live by His laws to the best of our ability.

That was the message of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Mohammed, to name but a very few of the vast number of guides that God must have sent to humans wherever and whenever they lived.
      April 3, 2018 4:22 PM MDT

IIE (NO), I am not religious. I have never seen any objective evidence that any gods exist. There are many religions people have followed past and present, and that should make anyone more objective about them. Dr. Robert S. DeRopps wrote that organized religion is the oldest con game, and it is s a safe one, since, no one returns after dying to say he is not satisfied with the afterlife he purchased for a high price. The books religions use are just quite crude fiction. It is obvious that extremely ignorant humans wrote them. If gods existed, they could write much better books and would not allow humans to claim the fiction they wrote was inspired by gods.
      April 8, 2018 10:44 AM MDT