Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If the Bible prophesy timetable is based on 1948 the year the Rothchilds established the state of Israel could projections be totally wrong?

If the Bible prophesy timetable is based on 1948 the year the Rothchilds established the state of Israel could projections be totally wrong?

Posted - March 27, 2018

Responses

Not sure that really has anything to do with prophecy other than the result of wars as I think that many new nations were formed towards the end of WWII?

[Are the events taking place in Israel today in fulfillment of Bible prophecy?
    Ezek. 37:21, 22, JP: “Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all.” (Israel today is not a nation under a king of the royal line of David. Theirs is a republic.)
    Isa. 2:2-4, JP: “It shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established as the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many peoples shall go and say: ‘Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths.’ . . . And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” (In Jerusalem today, where the temple was formerly located there is no “house of the God of Jacob,” but, instead, an Islamic shrine. And there is no move on the part of Israel or its neighbors to “beat their swords into plowshares.” They depend for survival on military preparedness.)
    Isa. 35:1, 2, JP: “The wilderness and the parched land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice, even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon; they shall see the glory of the LORD, the excellency of our God.” (Remarkable reforestation and irrigation projects have been successfully undertaken in Israel. But its leaders do not give credit to the Lord God. As a former premier, David Ben-Gurion, said: “Israel is determined . . . to conquer the desert and make it flourish by the power of science and the pioneering spirit, and to transform the country into a bastion of democracy.”)
    Zech. 8:23, JP: “In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying: We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.” (To what God does the prophecy refer? In the Hebrew language his name [יהוה, commonly translated Jehovah] appears over 130 times in this one book of the Holy Scriptures. Today when someone uses that name, do people conclude that the person must be a Jew? No; for many centuries, superstition has caused the Jewish people as a whole to refrain from ever uttering God’s personal name. The upsurge of religious interest concerning natural Israel today does not fit this prophecy.)
    How, then, are events in modern-day Israel to be viewed? Merely as part of global developments foretold in the Bible. These include war, lawlessness, cooling off of love for God, and the love of money.—Matt. 24:7, 12; 2 Tim. 3:1-5
    ...]

EDIT:https://www.google.com/search?q=new+nations+wwii&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=new+nations+wwii&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.7726j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.quora.com/What-new-countries-were-created-as-a-result-of-the-Second-World-War-outcome
    "...The Second World War was the prelude to decolonisation, as the Western nations no longer had the strength or moral authority to govern far-flung empires. The United States granted independence to the Philippines in 1946; Britain to India, Pakistan and Hyderabad in 1947, Ceylon, Burma and Israel/Palestine in 1948. The Netherlands was forced to recognise Indonesia's independence in 1949 after an unsuccessful war. Further acts of decolonisation, some violent and others peaceful, continued into the 1950s and 60s...." This post was edited by texasescimo at March 27, 2018 12:48 PM MDT
      March 27, 2018 10:32 AM MDT

Very, but not for the reasons you state.
      March 27, 2018 1:58 PM MDT

• I'm stumped as to why people believe other people who believe they know the hour.
      March 27, 2018 2:58 PM MDT

Humans can't even quote the bible correctly. How would they ever understand it? For instance, the creation of a state of Israel has nothing to do with prophecy. Here is a long analysis of the subject (read online or download free ebook): 
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/44/the-united-states-and-britain-in-prophecy
      March 27, 2018 3:40 PM MDT

Quote: "Humans can't even quote the bible correctly."

Isn't Herbert W. Armstrong a human? But then again, when I clicked on the first link there wasn't much in scripture quoting:
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/read/3598-the-united-states-and-britain-in-prophecy/342

I think pretty much anyone can quote scripture. Proper understanding and application is a different story.

EDIT: Take tithing in the Mosaic Law for instance. Do you agree with tithing?

[The Worldwide Church of God, in a magazine article about how to avoid poverty by becoming a partner with God, said: “To begin your relationship with God, you must first obey God’s law of tithing.” The article added that those who do not “are stealing from God.”] This post was edited by texasescimo at March 27, 2018 5:46 PM MDT
      March 27, 2018 5:44 PM MDT

Tex, even the man who taught me basic research couldn't quote the bible correctly every time. You are merely posting examples of the same thing in other people. That is why everybody should do their own research and avoid letting random people tell them what the bible says.

When you want to know something about a word, you look up the first usage in the bible. That is usually a definition by context. 

Genesis 14:20
    And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

This describes a one time gift of one tenth. In the law, Jews are commanded to give one tenth of increase to the temple. Only the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi were commanded, the people we now call Jews. The other tribes were not commanded.

So now we have Christian ministers misusing the word to mean a holy income tax: no resemblance to the biblical meaning of the word, and a total fabrication regarding who owes what to whom.
      March 28, 2018 1:29 AM MDT

So by quote, you mean like memorize a good portion or the whole Bible? I was thinking about like copy and paste like I quote on answermug. 

I was under the impression that all of the Israelites except for the priest and Levites were supposed to tithe?
    (Leviticus 27:2) “Speak to the Israelites and tell them, ‘If a man makes a special vow to offer the estimated value of a person to Jehovah,
    (Leviticus 27:30-32) “‘Every tenth part of the land, whether from the produce of the field or the fruit of the trees, belongs to Jehovah. It is something holy to Jehovah. 31 If a man ever wants to buy any of his tenth part back, he should give a fifth of it in addition to it. 32 As for every tenth part of the herd and flock, everything that passes under the shepherd’s staff, the tenth animal should become something holy to Jehovah.

So then you don't believe Christians are supposed to tithe? The guy from your link teaches it.
      March 28, 2018 3:48 PM MDT

Read your citation: "IF". It's conditional.
      March 29, 2018 1:35 AM MDT

Leviticus is to the all of the Israelites. There is no 'IF' in verse 30. Verse 30 was not a special vow.
    (Leviticus 27:2) “Speak to the Israelites and tell them...
    (LEVITICUS 27:30)“‘Every tenth part of the land, whether from the produce of the field or the fruit of the trees, belongs to Jehovah. It is something holy to Jehovah.
      March 29, 2018 5:48 AM MDT

I see no problem with 1948 being the reestablishment of Israel as a nation again. In fact it fits with some prophecies. 
    There is some debate as to the generation starting at 1948 (reestablishment) or 1967 (6 Day War....extended borders). 

Why do you think it maybe a problem?
      March 28, 2018 3:56 PM MDT

The bible does not say Israel will be a nation, it says Jerusalem will be returned to the people of Israel. That is significant because there was a time table for that to happen. Jerusalem was returned to English control one day before the nation of Israel came to be. That is explained in detail in the book.
      March 29, 2018 1:40 AM MDT

Amos 9:14-15
    I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.
    Isaiah 66:7-8
    “Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.”

Ezekiel 34:13
    I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

Ezekiel 37:21-22
    and say to them,  ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.
    Ezekiel 37:10-14
    So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say,  ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”
      March 29, 2018 5:06 AM MDT

Doesn't the exiled people refer to the 70 year Babylonian captivity?

(Amos 9:14, 15) I will gather back the captives of my people Israel, And they will rebuild the desolated cities and inhabit them; They will plant vineyards and drink their wine, And make gardens and eat their fruit.’ 15 ‘I will plant them on their land, And they will never again be uprooted From their land that I have given them,’ says Jehovah your God.”
    (Ezra 3:1) When the seventh month arrived and the Israelites were in their cities, they gathered together with one accord in Jerusalem.
    (Jeremiah 30:3) For “look! the days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will gather the captives of my people, Israel and Judah,” says Jehovah, “and I will bring them back to the land that I gave to their forefathers, and they will possess it once again.”’”
    (Ezekiel 39:25) “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘I will restore the captives of Jacob and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will zealously defend my holy name.

Do they recognize Jesus as the King referred to at Ezekiel 37:21-22?

(Genesis 49:10) The scepter will not depart from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shiʹloh comes, and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong.
    (Psalm 2:6) Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”
    (Isaiah 9:6) For a child has been born to us, A son has been given to us; And the rulership will rest on his shoulder. His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
    (Jeremiah 23:5) “Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will raise up to David a righteous sprout. And a king will reign and show insight and uphold justice and righteousness in the land.
    (Luke 1:32) This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, This post was edited by texasescimo at March 29, 2018 5:57 AM MDT
      March 29, 2018 5:55 AM MDT

Amos says "never again to uprooted from their land" so cannot mean 70ad. 

Some Jews do follow Jesus.
      March 29, 2018 6:05 AM MDT

The modern rebuilding of desolated cities was due to destruction by Israel evicting Palestinians. 

Have they been uprooted from their land again prior to destruction in 70 C.E.?  Don't forget that their house was abandoned to them in 70 C.E. Since then, the way prophecies were fulfilled towards Israel were by Gentiles being grafted in and there is no difference between Jew and Greek or whatever as God is not partial. Israel of today leans on armaments and the U.S. rather than Jehovah like unfaithful Israel and Judah in the past leaned on Assyria and Egypt for protection. There is an Islamic Mosque in place of the Temple.

(Jeremiah 29:10) “For this is what Jehovah says, ‘When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you, and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place.’
    (Jeremiah 29:14) And I will let you find me,’ declares Jehovah. ‘And I will gather your captives and collect you together out of all the nations and places to which I have dispersed you,’ declares Jehovah. ‘And I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to go into exile.’

Israel as a Nation does not follow Jesus nor recognize Jesus as king. Don't they have a president rather than a king now?
    Reuven Rivlin? Benjamin Netanyahu? 

This doesn't fit modern fleshly Israel.
    (Isaiah 2:1-4) This is what Isaiah the son of Aʹmoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:  2 In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream.  3 And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.  4 He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
      March 29, 2018 9:05 AM MDT

We are grafted in yes...but we did not replace them...the believing Jew. They are the root. 
    True the Temple is not rebuilt...yet. It must be before Jesus returns. 
    Do you believe they won their wars with nearly every neighboring Islamic country with a small nothing army without the help of the Lord our God? Not possible. Yes, they have stumbled but we are not fit to judge them for that.....the Bible says they were caused to stumble over the stone (Jesus) so that we could be saved as well. And that because of this ALL Israel will be saved. That is not favoritim on the part of God that is righteousness because without that we would all be lost. 
      March 29, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

They broke the covenant themselves. Faithful ones were not lopped off and it was reserved to all Jews for the first 7 years after the anointing of the Messiah. (Dan 9:24-27) After that, people of the Nations could be grafted in. In 36 C.E., Cornelius was apparently the first uncircumcised gentile to be grafted in. (Acts 10)

(Acts 15:14) Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.
    (Romans 9:25) It is as he says also in Ho·seʹa: “Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not loved, ‘beloved’;
    (Romans 2:29) But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people.
    (Romans 9:6) However, it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.”
    (Galatians 3:29) Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.

They won with quite an arsenal of arms deals.

(Jeremiah 31:31-33) “Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will make with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant. 32 It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day I took hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, ‘my covenant that they broke, although I was their true master,’ declares Jehovah.” 33 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I will write it. And I will become their God, and they will become my people.”
    (Ezekiel 16:59) “For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘I will now do with you just as you have done, for you despised the oath by breaking my covenant.
    (Jeremiah 22:8, 9) “‘And many nations will pass by this city and say to one another: “Why did Jehovah do this to this great city?” 9 And they will reply: “Because they abandoned the covenant of Jehovah their God and bowed down to other gods and served them.”’
    (Jeremiah 33:20, 21) “This is what Jehovah says, ‘If you could break my covenant regarding the day and my covenant regarding the night, to prevent day and night from coming at their proper time, 21 only then could my covenant with my servant David be broken, so that he should not have a son ruling as king on his throne, and so also my covenant with the Levitical priests, my ministers.

(Daniel 9:24-27) “There are 70 weeks that have been determined for your people and your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, to finish off sin, to make atonement for error, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up the vision and the prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. 25 You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress. 26 “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations. 27 “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease. “And on the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing desolation; and until an extermination, what was decided on will be poured out also on the one lying desolate.”

(Romans 11:17-26) However, if some of the branches were broken off and you, although being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became a sharer of the richness of the olive’s root, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches. If, though, you are arrogant toward them, remember that it is not you who bears the root, but the root bears you. 19 You will say, then: “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true! For their lack of faith, they were broken off, but you are standing by faith. Do not be haughty, but be in fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Consider, therefore, God’s kindness and severity. There is severity toward those who fell, but toward you there is God’s kindness, provided you remain in his kindness; otherwise, you too will be lopped off. 23 And they also, if they do not remain in their lack of faith, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them back in. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree that is wild by nature and were grafted contrary to nature into the garden olive tree, how much more will these who are natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree! 25 For I do not want you to be unaware of this sacred secret, brothers, so that you do not become wise in your own eyes: A partial dulling of senses has come upon Israel until the full number of people of the nations has come in, 26 and in this manner all Israel will be saved. Just as it is written: “The deliverer will come out of Zion and turn away ungodly practices from Jacob.
      March 29, 2018 10:06 AM MDT

Those things have not happened yet.
      March 29, 2018 7:08 AM MDT

Jewish people have not returned to their land of their Fathers, given to them by the Father, and made a nation again? That happened in one day as the Bible said it would in 1948. And Jerusalem was retaken in 1967. 

March 29, 2018 7:16 AM MDT

There are more issues one could look into a little deeper, but for now these three will do:

1. Who exactly is a Jew? As for "Jewish people" is Shlomo Sand, an Israeli professor of history at Tel Aviv university, talking rubbish in his explanation in the video below? He says religion is not a basis for defining a people. You cannot have a "Jewish people" just like you cannot have a "Catholic people" or an "Islamic people" A "people" are defined by things like a shared common language, culture, food and dress, as in, for example the "Scottish people" or the "French people" Those characteristics are not commonly shared among all Jews for them to be considered a "Jewish people" For example, Jews from Morocco and those from Russia do not have a common language, culture, food and dress.

2. In the centuries before Islam and before Christianity, Judaism was probably quite an attractive alternative religion in many parts of the Pagan world and many converted to it. This most probably is why there are, for example, European Jews, Middle Eastern Jews and African Jews. The lost tribes of Israel have never been found, so the vast majority of Jews around the world are descendants of converts and therefore the phrase "gathering back" cannot apply to them.

3. It is highly likely that the majority of Palestinians who are now Muslims were Christians before Islam came to Palestine and were probably Jews before the mission of Jesus. So ironically it is probably the Palestinians who are more likely to be genetically from the tribes of Israel than the European descendants of the converts to Judaism who have taken over Palestine.

This post was edited by CLURT at April 3, 2018 10:15 PM MDT
      April 3, 2018 10:08 PM MDT

Q "If the Bible prophesy timetable is based on 1948 the year the Rothchilds established the state of Israel could projections be totally wrong?"
    =============================================================

They could very well be. If you look a little deeper things ain't quite as clear as they may appear on the surface, or according to popular belief. Consider just these few very plausible arguments, for example:

1. Who exactly is a Jew? As for "Jewish people" is Shlomo Sand, an Israeli professor of history at Tel Aviv university, talking rubbish in his explanation in the video below? He says a "people" are defined by things like a shared common language, culture, food and dress, as in, for example the "Scottish people" or the "French people" Those characteristics are not commonly shared among all Jews for them to be considered a "Jewish people" For example, Jews from Morocco and those from Russia do not have a common language, culture, food and dress. Even though many Jews these days are secular or even outright atheists it could still be argued that Jews do, by and large, share a common religion. However, religion is not a basis for defining a people. Just like you cannot have a "Catholic people" or an "Islamic people" similarly you cannot have a "Jewish people" The label "a Jewish people" is a Zionist invention to create support for a state for "the Jewish People".

2. In any case if we can have "a state for the Jewish People" why not "a state for the Catholic People" or "a state for the Buddhist People"?

3. In the centuries before Islam and before Christianity, Judaism was probably quite an attractive alternative religion in many parts of the Pagan world and many must have quite understandably converted to it. This most probably is why there are, for example, European Jews, Middle Eastern Jews and African Jews. Of the twelve tribes of Israel ten disappeared around 721 BCE. Thus the vast majority of Jews around the world are descendants of converts and therefore the phrase "gathering back" cannot truly apply to them.

4. It is highly likely that the majority of Palestinians who are now Muslims were Christians before Islam came to Palestine and were probably Jews before the mission of Jesus. So ironically it is probably the Palestinians who are more likely to be genetically from the tribes of Israel than the Rothschilds or Zionist European Jews who are descendants of the converts to Judaism and who have taken over, colonized and occupied Palestine.

April 3, 2018 11:26 PM MDT