Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Trump is not insulted by "disgraced demigogue in the dustbins of history" because? He doesn't even know what that means. WE DO.

Trump is not insulted by "disgraced demigogue in the dustbins of history" because? He doesn't even know what that means. WE DO.

ED: March 21, 2018 at 12:15 pm | UPDATED: March 22, 2018 at 4:19 am

WASHINGTON — It’s not your imagination. Donald Trump’s occupancy of the White House is every bit as insane, corrupt and dangerous as you might fear. Witness this jaw-dropping message to the sitting president of the United States from the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency:

“When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America … America will triumph over you.”

I have met John Brennan, who headed the CIA for four years under Barack Obama. To say he is not given to hysterics is a gross understatement. His picture ought to be next to the word “sober” in the dictionary. Yet there he was on Saturday morning, using Twitter to tear into the supposed leader of the free world with language normally reserved for the tinhorn dictators of obscure kleptocracies.

What set Brennan off was the administration’s decision to fire Andrew McCabe from his job as deputy director of the FBI just two days before he would have qualified for full pension benefits. Trump had been tweeting with cartoon-villain glee over the dismissal, doubtless because he saw it as furthering his campaign to discredit any witness who might offer damning evidence against him in the Russia probe.

Trump ran the same dishonest routine on fired FBI director James Comey, and he’s also trying his best to sully the sterling reputation of Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The Oval Office has seen pettiness before, and it has seen venality, but it has never seen anything like Trump.

impeach trump make him resign today.  PLEASE.

Posted - March 30, 2018

Responses

There is a lot Trump doesn't know. 
      March 30, 2018 10:31 AM MDT

You know what a 'demigogue' is? Pray tell ;-))
      March 30, 2018 10:33 AM MDT

You really should read this Sharonna, it seems a demigogue is just less competent at it and can only fool half as many people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 31, 2018 4:00 AM MDT
      March 31, 2018 3:56 AM MDT

The libs are going crazy trying to take Trump out.  Poor b------s.  Look, if Bill Clinton couldn't be removed, how will they remove Trump? He hasn't done anything wrong. 
      March 30, 2018 10:53 AM MDT

Cough splutter, choke... he hasn't done anything wrong????????????????????????????????
      March 30, 2018 2:34 PM MDT

Except obstructed justice, received emoluments, interfered with Presidential records, committed libel, assaulted the leader of an allied nation ...

And that's just since he moved into the WH. Before that there was sexual assault, fraud, racketeering, tax avoidance ...
      March 30, 2018 10:56 PM MDT

He must be doing it right if he has them this crazy. and I hope he accomplishes everything he was elected to do....
      March 30, 2018 1:51 PM MDT

I beg to differ, I am no expert of course but I hardly think that the job of the president is to infuriate people or to lie and behave in such an illiterate uncouth manner that discredits well anyone who is associated with him..  I kinda thought the job of president was to act in the interests of the country and the people and to bring the country international respect. I have my doubts on the first two and I KNOW for a fact he sure isn't doing well on the latter. 
      March 30, 2018 2:36 PM MDT

,unlike the last one or what Hillary would have done, so far this one has been trying to do what he said he would....we knew he was rough around the edges when we voted. a lot of people were , and are still mad because they were lied to by the media saying Hillary was a for sure thing....running on vote for me I'm a woman. so far I doubt the people that voted for him are angry..its the same whiners who cant get over the fact that they lost this time.
    stealing the election wasn't as easy as it was stealing from Bernie... This post was edited by maggie at March 30, 2018 4:07 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 2:42 PM MDT

I respect your right to your opinion of course. but I struggled with the words, 'rough round the edges' - the man's list of rough is longer and more hideous than most people can comfortably read or countenance.  I think too there's huge debate over whether Obama wasn't also more than doing his best to do as he promised.. and indeed factually there is evidence to demonstrate that he did achieve a good deal..  I've not seen any evidence other than heresay re Strumpet. 
      March 30, 2018 2:47 PM MDT

yes...he divided the nation up real good with the races......I wont deny that. but fortunately a lot of people realized what a crappy deal they were getting with people like that and changed their minds on who to vote for.
      March 30, 2018 3:02 PM MDT

Welll.... I could reply..  but probably best to just leave it there.
      March 30, 2018 3:27 PM MDT

feel free.
      March 30, 2018 3:38 PM MDT

I judge you not, but have learned from experience that tis a futile exercise. So it feels like one is wasting ones breath, or in this case, finger movements, and one perhaps needs to value their time and finger movements more. However, I would say, that for a start when we are talking about people voting, MORE people voted for Clinton than Strumpet. That's just a fact... so when you say about people changing who they voted for... actually, factually a lot didn't change their mind, still haven't and are vehemently disgusted and/or violently sick to their stomach at the hideous joke of an excuse who is allegedly running, or is that ruining, America.  Worldwide factually the man is a joke, a seriously not funny one and he HAS lost America a lot of standing and respect.. The thinking goes something like... if *that's* what they voted in, what does that say about them?
      March 30, 2018 3:46 PM MDT

she couldn't even win a rigged election...bt she tried. yes...a lot of people are mad that shes not  the president...world wide I'm sure...she had promises to keep. your entitled to your opinions on him being a joke..i don't take that type of stuff personally... as long as he does what he said hed do. right now hes going after the human traffickers...and I see that as a good thing. Hillary got paid to defend at least one child rapist...plus lets don't bother to mention all the other things shes done...the list is too long... She whines and wynpers blaming everyone else for her failures...constantly....its pathetic.
    and when did you get elected to decide what  the worlds opinion is? i'd read up and research and see how accurate your opinion is.. This post was edited by maggie at March 30, 2018 10:08 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 3:59 PM MDT

Trump is enough to drive the sanest person mad, the incredulity at his stupidity is enough to boggle the mind.  Take me for instance... I have never, but never felt the need to insult a US president... We had a laugh at Bush and his silly slip ups and we didn't think he was all that bright.. but on a scale compared to Trump Bush doesn't compare..
      March 30, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

Latest news: Congress is quietly letting Trump bulldoze a butterfly refuge to build a border wall
    it seems that 'eco-freaks' and 'tree-huggers' are getting worried because the proposed wall will go through a number of national preserves with negative effects for the wildlife there.
      March 30, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

I am planning on expanding my garden to include a bunch of milkweed plants to benefit the Monarch butterflies . I already had a few around, but the bushes and trees out in that area are growing up and shading out the wild milkweed plants. 
      March 30, 2018 4:16 PM MDT

how quietly can it be if theyre spreading it on the internet....trying to put a stop to it is all this article is.
      March 30, 2018 4:35 PM MDT

It is not congress that is 'spreading it', it is those digruntled 'eco-freaks' and 'tree-huggers'.
      March 30, 2018 9:51 PM MDT

lol..vox is making sure it gets out there where ever they got their info from........isn't that the plan? to irritate yet another group about the wall? why not just work around it  ...take out enough of it to accommodate the wall and leave the rest alone? not going to matter if a bit of its on the Mexican side of the wall is it? This post was edited by maggie at March 30, 2018 10:12 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 9:58 PM MDT

I do not understand what you say ?

< edit >
    Ah, now I get it. Yes, I agree. That is probably Vox's plan. I call that politics. saying silly things about the 'opposition' it is what politicians and agitators do. Like those other people who spread the oft-repeated, but factually incorrect statement that "Hillary gave 20% of US uranium to the Russians". Only difference being that the facts given in the Vox's article are seems likely to be correct. It is a rather unappealing "Us versus Them" mentality that is all too common.
    < /edit > This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 30, 2018 10:52 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 10:08 PM MDT

History repeats. Always. The only thing that "Warren G" Trump hasn't done that Harding did is impregnate a teenager in a White House closet. At least not yet. He's got the vague, pompous oratory, the appointing best buddies to cabinet rather than best qualified, scandals etc 
      March 30, 2018 11:04 PM MDT