Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Would you gladly switch over to vegan if they could make a head of lettuce taste like a cheeseburger?

Would you gladly switch over to vegan if they could make a head of lettuce taste like a cheeseburger?

Posted - April 14, 2018

Responses

No because it would still only have the nutritional value of lettuce. I know some vegans and they even made their dog a vegan that dog has no energy and couldn't fetch a stick even if it's life depended on it.  Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 14, 2018 10:49 AM MDT

• it makes me so angry when people make their pets vegans :( dogs and cats are carnivorous BY NATURE, they are not omnivores like humans 
      April 14, 2018 5:20 PM MDT

Dogs are actually omnivores, but I still don't think it's right to push your beliefs on animals. They're probably lean more towards meat eating, too.
      April 14, 2018 6:36 PM MDT

• maybe domestic dogs, but i doubt their ancestors ate any veggies. and wolves for sure are carnivores 
      April 15, 2018 8:51 AM MDT

Considering it either way. People sure do like using "energy" as an excuse even though the nutritional value of meat is so easily replaced; not that I'm looking to start the same old fuss.
      April 14, 2018 11:00 AM MDT

No. 2 reasons:
    1: I dont like lettuce;
    2: It would require a lot of chemicals to be added, I dont much like that either.
      April 14, 2018 11:09 AM MDT

Being veggie is laudible and all that, I know many who are.. but I just cannot help feeling that while most eat way too much meat, we were, imo, made to be omnivores.  That said I love lettuce anyway
      April 14, 2018 11:12 AM MDT

• "No" ... my medical people tell me that a surprising percentage of present-day hospital patients
                are people learning how to be a vegan or vegetarian. (I realize there is a difference.)
      April 14, 2018 11:44 AM MDT

I don't gladly do anything.
      April 14, 2018 11:52 AM MDT

I went Vegan for approximately a year maybe more. Suddenly my hair started falling out by the clumps.
    It never has grown back completely.  I enjoyed being a Vegan, the food though limited was fine.  I lost my taste for animal flesh almost completely. I only eat meat now because I have to.
    Sometimes every single bite is disgusting.  I had an Organic chicken this week that wasn't too bad.

April 14, 2018 4:24 PM MDT

Hair is a byproduct of protein so that problem is not surprising.  It happened to me too but from a medication.  It never all came back. 
      April 14, 2018 11:24 PM MDT

• i was vegan for a while. they make pretty delicious vegan burgers/ vegan foods. there is an alternative/vegan food store down the street from me and they have a huge variety of vegan foods. i felt a lot better as a vegan in Terms of health/energy/self esteem. the only reason i stopped is because it’s expensive 
      April 14, 2018 5:22 PM MDT

Lettuce texture with cheeseburger flavor sounds nasty. Also, I'm already underweight and mildly anemic and my doctor keeps nagging me to get more meat and eggs in my diet.
      April 14, 2018 6:53 PM MDT

April 14, 2018 9:58 PM MDT

No.  Why try to put unnecessary limits on yourself.  If I'm in a veggie-only mood that is what I have.  If I just want a steak, I have one.  Humans need both meat and veggies for best health. 
      April 14, 2018 11:22 PM MDT