Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you been completely open and honest about your past with your partner or would-be partner, or are there secrets you dare not reveal?

Have you been completely open and honest about your past with your partner or would-be partner, or are there secrets you dare not reveal?

Posted - April 14, 2018

Responses

My life is an open book and I want my money back.
      April 14, 2018 8:54 PM MDT

Some things I would only tell her about if she asked if I ever did 'this' particular thing  or did 'that'...
      April 15, 2018 4:08 AM MDT

If there is something he wants me to know he will tell me.  
      April 15, 2018 5:26 AM MDT

Some things are better left unsaid. -song lyrics...
      April 15, 2018 7:19 AM MDT

Not sure what that means. I think we can be "open and honest" enough about who we are without having to be  completely so. How much would they even be interested in anyway?  I reject the idea that somehow you have to sit down and somehow go through your whole life with someone. All fifty years of it?  After all we are the living and breathing result of our experiences as it is. 

I have never lied about anything to anyone.  Nor have I ever felt the need to tell absolutely everything.  Some men are curious and if they ask about things I tell them but I find after they have learned as much as they want to know they do stop asking.  Because many things they just don't want to hear about and that is natural. 

When I met my husband I was very upfront about who I was and had been because I felt our potential bond was strong enough that it was very important him to know me both the good and the bad.  I do feel I was too  forward in exposing him to my lifestyle and trying to make him a part of it because I think some of it was more than he wanted to handle at that time.  Or any time. I guess in a way I was testing him to see if he could accept the real me.  And even a me that was not so "real" as much as I thought.  But anyway he knows all the basic and even shocking stuff some of which I am sure he would have been happier not knowing.  But I have not told him everything nor do I intend to not does he have any desire to know those things or most of them. 
      April 15, 2018 7:31 AM MDT

April 15, 2018 10:05 AM MDT

Well, there is that one incident from my single days that I never share with anyone . . . 

(((((Shhhhhh.)))))
    ~
      April 19, 2018 6:41 AM MDT