Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is your worst trait or weakness? Something you really don't like about yourself and know isn't smart but you do it anyway..

What is your worst trait or weakness? Something you really don't like about yourself and know isn't smart but you do it anyway..

Mine is cutting my nose off to spite my face.. I know I do it, I know it isn't smart, I know it's cost me boyfriends, (Ok so if I had to compromise that much they weren't worth it anyway) and it might just cost me my job next.. but i can't help it :P

I am a fighter, but I will only fight for something I want up to a point... after that I will just walk away.. others might stay and fight, play them at their own game, outsmart them, kill them with kindness and perfection.. but not me.. I cut and run...even if it's not the wisest move... 

So what's your fault?

Posted - April 17, 2018

Responses

I'm a perfectionist (OCD).   It drives me nuts!  
      April 17, 2018 3:50 PM MDT

Oh dear, I am a bit that way too.. .heck there's no hope for me I've recognised at least 4 new faults I have just from these replies 
      April 18, 2018 4:03 PM MDT

I've more trouble than the average man
    I write poems that just won't scan
    The trouble with me
    Is easy to see
    I always try to get as many words in the last line as I possibly can.
      April 17, 2018 5:44 PM MDT

There are definitely worse traits than that, I think it's pretty cool
      April 18, 2018 3:58 PM MDT

No filter. I say what I think, and empathy is not my strong suit. I don’t apologize for it and I don’t back down from it. This is what I am. Only my wife reserves the right to reign me in. She‘s a force to be reckoned with. 

The one measure I have taken is to be more selective in what I talk about, and who is a worthy recipient of my unfiltered brain leakage.
    I deem you as one, ADDB.  ;-) 
      April 17, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

I admire people who speak honestly and openly.. let's face it it has to be better than those who are snidey and whine and moan behind people's backs.. at least everyone knows where they stand with you :)
      April 18, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

I hope to be worthy in some way of said admiration. 
      April 18, 2018 4:15 PM MDT

You don't even have to try.. you have already more than proven yourself more than worthy. 
      April 18, 2018 4:20 PM MDT

Empathy has its place as I am sure you would agree---however, empathy is at times no more than a tariff on the truth.

I prefer that the trading of ideas be unfettered by any such added cost.
      April 18, 2018 7:42 PM MDT

Agree. 

Isn‘t Political Correctness a species of Empathy? Small wonder I have so little tongue for it...
    PC stifles expression. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 18, 2018 7:59 PM MDT
      April 18, 2018 7:57 PM MDT

Nothing, actually...But I don't care if I have a bad trait or weakness. I am just a people. Life happens.
      April 17, 2018 7:00 PM MDT

LOL either that or your particular bad trait is soooo deviant, sooo shocking that you cannot reveal it here :P
      April 18, 2018 4:02 PM MDT

Ah...wouldn't you like to know?
      April 18, 2018 6:43 PM MDT

I guess lack of confidence. My boss really wants to promote me to a manager, but I'm too scared that I'll mess up. He knows I don't have much self-esteem, but he still thinks I can do it and that I'll get used to it. I'm just not sure I'm ready, I take longer to gain confidence.
      April 17, 2018 7:05 PM MDT

Aww that's pretty cool when you think about it... you may not have confidence in yourself but others can see your potential clearly. I think perhaps if you could only see yourself as others do then you would feel so much more confident. 
      April 18, 2018 4:01 PM MDT