Discussion » Questions » Environment » Does the ecological environment stand a chance for surviving for long or can we stop the burning of fossil fuels and survive ourselves?

Does the ecological environment stand a chance for surviving for long or can we stop the burning of fossil fuels and survive ourselves?

Posted - April 18, 2018

Responses

Well! Did someone memorize a bunch of code words? 

Do you actually know what "ecological" and "environment" mean and how they differ? 

Do you actually know why petroleum is called "fossil fuel" and why that is a silly name for it?

Do you have any idea what might power the world if the world were to stop using "fossil fuels"? 

The Romans built an empire powered by muscle. The Dutch built an empire powered by wind. The English built an empire powered by coal. The Americans built an empire powered by oil. None of them made any serious effort to develop a different source of power. Which of those empires would you like to return to?
      April 18, 2018 3:13 PM MDT

Here is a chart you might like to consider:
    https://fee.org/articles/the-maddison-project-reveals-humanitys-remarkable-economic-progress-in-a-single-chart/
      April 18, 2018 3:24 PM MDT

Truly I don't know if we can do enough, soon enough to survive.. .I am an optimist, I have to hope that enough countries will do just enough and will come up with solutions... but yea sometimes it looks pretty scary, specially when some idiots refuse to do their bit.
      April 18, 2018 3:53 PM MDT

It has a very good chance of surviving for a very long time as long as there is science. Scientist recently created  new e-zines that breaks down or eats plastic and chemical blobs that are in the oceans so they could clean them up. Scientist are also probably pretty close  to solving the cold fusion equation and once they do there will be no need for fossil fuels. Cheers! 
      April 18, 2018 6:39 PM MDT