Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Travel » If you lived in paradise, would you still want to go on holiday?

If you lived in paradise, would you still want to go on holiday?

I think the idea of escaping is very dear to my heart at the moment.. but I wondered, even if you lived in the most perfect location, blue skies, warm sunshine, forests, lakes, oceans whatever... would you still want to go stay somewhere else a few weeks out of the year?

Posted - April 24, 2018

Responses

Any change is as good as a rest......it would do you no harm if you lived in the most beautiful surroundings and then had to slum it for a week or two...... It will make you appreciate what you have and how you live ....lol 
      April 24, 2018 1:58 PM MDT

Very true... I think I am just so nosey that I would still want to go see other places.
      April 24, 2018 2:03 PM MDT

It's nice to travel to far off safe places ... Have you not travled far from home before ?  
      April 24, 2018 2:12 PM MDT

• "Sure!"  No place could be so perfect as to make me want to ignore the rest.
      April 24, 2018 2:04 PM MDT

No matter how good "paradise" may be, after awhile it becomes dull and ordinary.  After a year or 2 that daily walk along the beach is still enjoyable, but the "zing" it once had  is gone.  The majestic mountain scene that you see on your daily drive to work becomes so commonplace that it fades into the background (much like the music in grocery stores).  Getting away from "paradise" now and then is a good way to appreciate that "paradise".
      April 24, 2018 2:48 PM MDT

Paradise as described in the bible was about 1500 miles east-west and 2500 miles north-south. That is about the size of USA.
      April 24, 2018 5:19 PM MDT

What is Paradise is subjective, and can be found in many forms, and in many places; ideally, we can live in one and visit another  ...on holiday. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 24, 2018 7:30 PM MDT
      April 24, 2018 6:45 PM MDT

I agree with Shuhak.  I live in what many consider paradise: Florida.  Yet I am really looking forward to my trip to Hereford, Edinburgh, and the Highlands.  We've walked the same stretch of beach about 2000 times and it's still good but getting back to "The Old Country" will have novelty.  (I'm 65% English, Welsh and Scottish).  If you want to come to paradise, let's exchange houses for a while.  I don't think you ever gave me an answer why you wouldn't be interested.
      April 24, 2018 7:50 PM MDT