Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » As the Korean War ends does WWIII prep to begin as nations gather in Syria near the Valley of Josaphat?

As the Korean War ends does WWIII prep to begin as nations gather in Syria near the Valley of Josaphat?

Posted - April 27, 2018

Responses

Otherwise known as Armageddon. The nations have angered Jehovah God Almighty because of the way they have treated his serveants. Jehovah's people have been proclaiming his day of vengeance especially since the time of the end began at the beginning of the 20th century. Countless prophecies are being fulfilled having to do with the end of this old system of things. "They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon." (Revelation 16:14,16) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at May 3, 2018 12:26 PM MDT
      April 27, 2018 1:05 PM MDT

Nope.

You will find that every generation since Revelations was written, has believed THEY are living "the end times".
    All of them have been wrong.

Funny how Jesus said no one will know ... but everybody points to Revelations as a prophesy.
    You can't have it both ways.  Either Jesus was correct, or Paul.
      April 27, 2018 1:13 PM MDT

Isaac Newton knew it wasn't in his time.
    [Over 250 years ago, Sir Isaac Newton wrote an interesting item about understanding prophecy, including the one about the “great crowd” of Revelation 7:9, 10. In his “Observations Upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John,” published in 1733, he stated: “These Prophecies of Daniel and John should not be understood till the time of the end: but then some should prophesy out of them in an afflicted and mournful state for a long time, and that but darkly, so as to convert but few. . . . Then, saith Daniel, many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be encreased. For the Gospel must be preached in all nations before the great tribulation, and end of the world. The palm-bearing multitude, which come out of this great tribulation, cannot be innumerable out of all nations, unless they be made so by the preaching of the Gospel before it comes.”]

What did Paul say that contradicts Jesus?
    (Mark 13:28-37) “Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 Likewise also you, when you see these things happening, know that he is near at the doors. 30 Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away. 32 “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. 33 Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is. 34 It is like a man traveling abroad who left his house and gave the authority to his slaves, to each one his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to keep on the watch. 35 Keep on the watch, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or at dawn or early in the morning, 36 in order that when he comes suddenly, he does not find you sleeping. 37 But what I say to you, I say to all: Keep on the watch.”

I was searching for a different article regarding Isaac Newton, similar to the one above, and ran across this that I found interesting:
    [Writing in The Union Bible Companion, S. Austin Allibone says: “Sir Isaac Newton . . . was also eminent as a critic of ancient writings, and examined with great care the Holy Scriptures. What is his verdict on this point? ‘I find,’ says he, ‘more sure marks of authenticity in the New Testament than in any profane [secular] history whatever.’ Dr. Johnson says that we have more evidence that Jesus Christ died on Calvary, as stated in the Gospels, than we have that Julius Caesar died in the Capitol. We have, indeed, far more. Ask anyone who professes to doubt the truth of the Gospel history what reason he has for believing that Caesar died in the Capitol, or that the Emperor Charlemagne was crowned Emperor of the West by Pope Leo III. in 800 . . . How do you know that such a man as Charles I. ever lived, and was beheaded, and that Oliver Cromwell became ruler in his stead? . . . Sir Isaac Newton is credited with the discovery of the law of gravitation . . . We believe all the assertions just made respecting these men; and that because we have historical evidence of their truth. . . . If, on the production of such proof as this, any still refuse to believe, we abandon them as stupidly perverse or hopelessly ignorant. What shall we say, then, of those who, notwithstanding the abundant evidence now produced of the authenticity of the Holy Scriptures, profess themselves unconvinced? . . . Surely we have reason to conclude that it is the heart rather than the head which is at fault;—that they do not wish to believe that which humbles their pride, and will force them to lead different lives.”]
      May 3, 2018 6:57 AM MDT

Jesus says none will know.
    He does not say there will be any signs or warnings.

Paul says there will be signs and warnings and we will be able to tell when the end days are here, before the return.
      May 3, 2018 7:53 AM MDT

No one knows the hour but Jesus gave us signs to look for.

(Matthew 24:3-14) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” 4 In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you, 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

LINKpeople will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations

EDIT:
    What would Jesus be talking about as far as people taking no note if there was nothing to note?
    "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that noah entered into the ark, and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37-39) This post was edited by texasescimo at May 3, 2018 12:24 PM MDT
      May 3, 2018 8:01 AM MDT

Though many have miscalculated the time of the end, the bible clearly indicates the markers that would prove that the end of this system of things is now at hand. Yet many refuse to acknowledge this fact. A decision they will have to learn to live with.. 
      April 30, 2018 10:51 PM MDT

Or die with.
      May 3, 2018 6:58 AM MDT

Matt 24:36.
    It won't be any time soon, too many (like youself) are expecting it. 
      April 30, 2018 11:15 PM MDT

"First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: "where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation's beginning." (2peter 3:3,4)

"For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that noah entered into the ark, and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37-39)
      May 2, 2018 11:25 PM MDT

The Bible prophesies of a whole passel of events that will happen in the end times. These events can be categorized as natural signs, spiritual signs, sociological signs, technological signs, and political signs. We can look to what the Bible says about these things, and, if the signs are present in abundance, It'll be a good bet that we're living in the end times. The secret is to study the Bible in depth and study in depth what it says about prophetic events and what to look for leading up to those events. Ya don't just skim over the top of prophecy. It's put in the Bible for a reason and I'm thinking we need to take it seriously. Sad thing is, some folks tend to add their own twist, opinion, and conjecture as to what certain prophecies are saying. We gotta let the Bible speak for itself. It doesn't need us dictating what we think it should say. As always, my opinion. :)
      May 3, 2018 9:22 AM MDT