Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How come there aren't more *lovely* people in the world? You know, like my good self

How come there aren't more *lovely* people in the world? You know, like my good self

Posted - April 29, 2018

Responses

IMO you're in this class: Critical thinker, the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.

Common sense 'MUST' be present in a critical thinker...  A problem is that common sense is not so common in some people..consequently, they're always stirring up controversy... 
      April 29, 2018 7:47 AM MDT

Wow thank you :) I was just playing around, being silly so it's a lovely surprise to get a compliment :) I have always respected your posts on here too, you are definitely one of the people who make it worth coming here :)
      April 29, 2018 8:32 AM MDT

April 29, 2018 8:40 AM MDT

I’d posit that there are many people who put no priority on it, and many more haven’t the first clue.

I think qualities like courtesy, grace, positivity, integrity, and dignity occur in too small a measure in our world. Young people all too often don’t have it modeled for them by sufficient example, so these ideals are unfamiliar, hence absent from their manner and their lives. This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 29, 2018 12:43 PM MDT
      April 29, 2018 8:47 AM MDT

• I certainly didn't have it modeled for me by most politicians or public personalities, but my parents were an excellent model. And they're, thankfully, the ones I try to emulate the most. Not all of us young people are doomed :) 

April 29, 2018 10:23 AM MDT

" Not all of us young people are doomed :) " 

Agreed.
    Many of the so-called 'young people' are some of the best people I know.
      April 29, 2018 12:45 PM MDT

I really cannot disagree. Last thing I heard was that they were going to try to give young people lessons in empathy, because the generation today, growing up with social media and shallow influences allegedly have little or no compassion and empathy
      April 29, 2018 12:17 PM MDT

• Oh, there are some of lovelies out there...I'm positively charming. :D
      April 29, 2018 10:25 AM MDT

• and humble.
      April 29, 2018 12:14 PM MDT

• "If we were all *lovely,* then you would have had to pick another subject for this question." :)
      April 29, 2018 12:19 PM MDT

Whether she has me laughing, listening, watching -- as far as famous people go --  Dawn French has always appeared to me to be lovely.
    :)

Image result for dawn french vicar
      April 29, 2018 12:47 PM MDT

The lovely people tend to be quiet and well behaved so you don't notice them as much.
      April 29, 2018 6:59 PM MDT

Well, since you are so lovely, why don't you say something to me about my coming to "the Old Country" this August.  We land at Gatwick, drive to Hereford for three weeks, then up to Edinburgh.  Anything or any "Lovely" people we should try to stop and see? 
      April 29, 2018 10:03 PM MDT

theyre still around, theyre just hard to find sometimes
      May 21, 2018 4:58 PM MDT