Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Can you screw with your radio to get some real crap to come out of it?

Can you screw with your radio to get some real crap to come out of it?

Posted - April 29, 2018

Responses

• If by "screw," you mean tweak and by "crap," you mean power ...
       then "yes." I've done that a few times with CB radios.

April 29, 2018 12:41 PM MDT

• I have a CB in my house and another in my truck.
      April 29, 2018 6:04 PM MDT

• Very good!  Since mobile phones, CB radio has kinda lost its way.  The Ham guys are still at it though.

Is it a base radio ... the one in your house?
      April 29, 2018 8:29 PM MDT

My brother is into ham radio stuff.  He has a tower on his house that reaches the clouds.  ;)
      April 30, 2018 4:06 AM MDT

• My neighbor got into Ham about a year ago and now he has six antennas on his roof!
      April 30, 2018 4:32 AM MDT

I bet his wife just luvs that!  We make fun of my brother without end.  He loves it though and since he retired he really has time to play with it.  I don't know what you do with it but something.   The tower is a good place was a Christmas star.  Going up there is dicey though.
      April 30, 2018 4:39 AM MDT

• The tower is mostly so he can "get out" (range), especially if he lives in a hilly area.
      April 30, 2018 4:51 AM MDT

We live near the Gulf...no hills, I mean NO HILLS.  
      April 30, 2018 7:45 AM MDT

• Oh yes it is a base unit. The wind blew my antron down and was going to put it back up early last fall and my ladder was stolen. I have to save up for things id ya know what I mean. 
      April 30, 2018 8:09 AM MDT

• Sure.  Sorry about your antenna.  Hope it's okay ... operational-wise.  :)
      April 30, 2018 10:54 AM MDT

• I will be usable once it is back up on the pole. The other pole bent over because a clamp broke off the side of my house and I put it inside a water pipe. Now to get another ladder. I had a scanner antenna on the same pole and it was stolen as well. People will take anything not nailed down. But my scanner works with the coax laying on the ground and hidden. 
      April 30, 2018 1:00 PM MDT

• Scanner ... bummer!  People!  I lost a motorcycle the same way. People!

Anyway ... best of luck in the future. :)
      April 30, 2018 1:40 PM MDT

• Sorry to hear of your motorcycle. I hope your are out of the feeling of being violated. That is how I felt when after they stole my scanner antenna, 2 lawn mowers, wheel barrow and air compressor. And  two years ago stole my young Black Lab. And like you said PEOPLE!! 
      May 9, 2018 10:41 AM MDT

• Wow!! Tough neighborhood! 
      May 9, 2018 4:04 PM MDT

• Yes it is, one time in the middle of the night someone tried to take my heating unit away they used a shoe lace. I called the Police when I heard it and all they did was give me a stay inside lecture for my own safety a if I was a child. That was "I am guessing" four or five years before the thefts took place. Now how does that count for staying on the subject about CB's? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 10, 2018 1:08 PM MDT
      May 10, 2018 1:39 AM MDT

• Hmmm, CB's? It wasn't my question, so if you don't tell ... I won't either.  :)
      May 10, 2018 1:12 PM MDT

• OK. I am thinking on putting the antenna back on my truck and hook the mobile back up. The CB base inside is a Washington made by Uniden. 
      May 11, 2018 10:38 PM MDT

• Best of luck with that.  I ran a Pres. Jackson when I first got into CB radio.  Still have it.  Good sounding radio.
      May 12, 2018 5:15 AM MDT

• To me mine have always been good sounding. My CB in my truck is a Midland. My Washington already had legal added frequencies put in before I got it from a friend. I had a President Lincoln that had the same thing. But it had something to go wrong  and too much to get it fixed. 
      May 12, 2018 9:48 PM MDT

I really don't have to screw with it...I just find a rap station.
      April 29, 2018 1:47 PM MDT

Youcan smash the batteries if you're into Acid music.     You will need to get the beat right to get the most out of them though...:)D
      April 29, 2018 2:26 PM MDT

Let me go see . . . I'll be right back . . .
      April 29, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

So the host was interviewing the chief of a remote tribe.

Host: Welcome to our show, Chief.

Chief: Oowee shhht Thank you. I'm happy to be here.

Host: I hope you had a comfortable trip.

Chief: Scree ooo eee Very nice, thank you.

Host: You have excellent English. How did you learn the language?

Chief: Shhht oooweeee Short wave radio.
      April 29, 2018 9:06 PM MDT

I have a Tivoli model one and I can find almost any station that I look for.  

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 30, 2018 5:08 PM MDT
      April 30, 2018 4:08 AM MDT