Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you had any weird dreams lately?

Have you had any weird dreams lately?

A few nights ago I dreamed that I had some brown fungus growing on my feet.  It looked more like a filamentous algae and it was dissolving my toes, bones and all.  Luckily it wasn't painful.

Posted - April 29, 2018

Responses

I never remember dreams but night before last I dreamt that a little girl (no one I know) was determined to walk out of the door to my back yard where there was a huge snake.  I woke myself up screaming at her to close the door.

April 30, 2018 3:34 AM MDT

Creepy to me.

April 30, 2018 9:24 AM MDT

That day I saw a video on The Weather Channel about someone finding a house full of huge snakes.  I mean there were hundreds of them.  I was horrified.  So I see where the snake in the dream came from.  But the little girl was not one of my children or my granddaughter so that part was a mystery.  I don't subscribe to the idea that dreams have meanings.  Our brains use data that it is filing to give us dreams, which by the way, keep us sane. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at May 22, 2018 7:34 AM MDT
      April 30, 2018 2:21 PM MDT

I tend to think the same thing about dreams and why we have them and what's in them.
    That Weather Channel video sounds horrifying to me, too.
      April 30, 2018 4:56 PM MDT

I wish my dreams had kept me sane.  The other night I dreamed I was in the audience of a Minstrel Show back in the twenties.  The Al Jolson-type performer, instead of singing and dancing, was throwing out popcorn to the crowd as if it was chicken feed.  Most of the people were bent over picking up kernels and eating them.  That's just crazy. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at May 22, 2018 7:34 AM MDT
      May 21, 2018 6:16 PM MDT

No crazy at all.  You were dreaming about the progressive liberals.  
      May 22, 2018 7:13 AM MDT

Eww that's disturbing. The last weird dream I could remember was when I was taking my dog out to go potty but then a doppelganger of hers appeared and my sister told me to lock it in a room for 5 minutes and it will disappear. I get a lot of dreams where clones of my pets just materialize and I'm terrified of them and for some reason my sister never has a face in my dreams..
      April 30, 2018 6:16 AM MDT

You need professional help.  See my last post.  I'm already in therapy.
      May 22, 2018 7:22 AM MDT

The majority of my dreams tend to fall beyond reasonable events.

One of the worst was when I woke up from a sleep and there was a man in the corner, covered in dark clothing, just standing there looking at me and breathing in the dark. I woke up from the dream, screaming, yelling "No!!" not knowing for sure if it were a dream of me dreaming.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 22, 2018 7:35 AM MDT
      April 30, 2018 9:28 AM MDT

Sleep and dream science is still young.  When I was in law school, working full time, and two children alone, I never slept.  Many many mornings I got up from desk, went to the shower, dressed, and went back to the office.  I truly suffered from sleep deprivation.  I experienced sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations.  Talk about scary.....oh dear God, I have never been so frightened in my life.  When I finally told a doctor (friend) (neurologist) about it he finished a sentence for me so I would know he knew exactly what I was talking about. I burst into tears.  Your story of the man in the corner made me think of this, and actually, you may have been having a hallucination.  They were so real but after I knew what was happening I really just waited them out.  But having stuff going on around you and to you while you are paralyzed is sheer fright.  Before I told my friend, I really thought it was a supernatural demonic kind of thing.  The literature shows that many many people who experience it think the same thing.

When I finished school and started sleeping more it all went away.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at May 22, 2018 7:35 AM MDT
      April 30, 2018 2:43 PM MDT

That may make sense in that dream! Maybe it was a hallucination because it felt unlike a dream in every way - - it felt that there was a man in the room just standing there. And I could not move. I was terrified.
    Fascinating stuff you've shared here, Thriftymaid. I appreciate it.
    :)
    Oh, and I admit, there was a demonic type of feeling to the man if I had to describe it in more detail, yes.
      April 30, 2018 5:00 PM MDT

no cause  i rarely remember my dreams
      May 21, 2018 3:43 PM MDT

All of my dreams are weird.
      May 22, 2018 7:36 AM MDT