Active Now

Element 99
WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Do the wire hangers in your clothing closet seem to reproduce?

Do the wire hangers in your clothing closet seem to reproduce?

Posted - May 1, 2018

Responses

Yep and the wires on some small electrical items, in storage, seem to tangle up with each other by themselves over time...
      May 1, 2018 11:14 AM MDT

Sometimes seems that way. I used to instruct classes for coat hangar and shopping cart management. 
      May 1, 2018 11:41 AM MDT

I'm like Mommie Dearest.....................NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!
      May 1, 2018 12:38 PM MDT

I don't have any wire hangers...just plastic ones.
      May 1, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

Are they Coated ? 
      May 1, 2018 2:59 PM MDT

No just plastic. 
      May 1, 2018 5:46 PM MDT

It it all depends on who they hang around with.....Wire'ah hangger'on would go off the rail that way is beyond me....:(
      May 1, 2018 2:56 PM MDT

No.  In fact, they seem to disappear.  One day everything's hung up nicely, and the next half of it's on the ground - and the hangers they were on are gone (cue the Twilight Zone music).

"Wire" my hangers disappearing?   Do they"cloak" themselves so I can't see them?  Are they angry because I "hung" them out to dry?  Do they "skirt" all my efforts to find them?  To be honest, I hate hanging up clothes anyway.  So if they want to disappear it "suits" me just fine.
      May 1, 2018 3:50 PM MDT

I had an idea once to cross hangers with ballpoint pens so the pens would multiply and the hangers would disappear.
      May 1, 2018 5:44 PM MDT

not yet
      May 19, 2018 5:41 PM MDT

I have an odd amount of adventures with coat hangers. Now and then I get into a project that requires a lost of wire, and coat hangers are the only cheap source. I have to get the hangers from my BIL who wears a uniform. I would only use plastic hangers so they wouldn't leave rust stains on my clothes. 

Well, after ten years, the plastic hangers had given their all, and they started snapping where the hook joins. So I went to the store and bought all new hangers -- made of wood with chromed steel hooks. 

I haven't worn anything but shorts and tee shirts for ten years, but that doesn't mean I will tolerate an untidy closet!

Adventure: picking up my mother at the Mormon church wearing shorts and tee shirts and thong sandals. I got some REALLY odd looks occasionally!
      May 20, 2018 2:43 AM MDT

Speaking of the Mormon church reminds me of when I visited the temple in Salt Lake City. They have a beautiful presentation using giant lighted slides. One slide quotes Isaiah 2:2: "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it." The host said "Salt Lake City is very near the highest point in the Rocky Mountains, and we sure get a lot of visitors from all over the world."

After the show I asked the host if he had ever read that verse in his own bible. Of course he had. "Well, did you ever read Isaiah 2:1?" He had to look it up. "The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem." He looked at me with clear lack of understanding. I said "Well, if it concerns Judah and Jerusalem then it can't concern the Mormons and Salt Lake City, can it?"

I took the same tour again a few months later and they passed by that slide without lighting it. 
      May 20, 2018 2:55 AM MDT

Yes! I started with 20 and now have 5 000!
      May 23, 2018 5:23 PM MDT