Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Has the crowd itself in a theater helped you enjoy a great movie-watching experience?

Has the crowd itself in a theater helped you enjoy a great movie-watching experience?

By far, THE best crowd-in-a-theater experience for me was when we were all watching the wonderful-to-me horror-comedy film "Creepshow."
All of us were "in to " the movie in the best ways - - screaming, laughing, etc at appropriate times. What a great time it was!

Image result for creepshow movie poster

Posted - May 8, 2018

Responses

Probably Rocky IV, where he fights the Russian. The theater was packed and everyone was really into it, shouting "Rocky, Rocky, Rocky". 

That was a very long time ago. God, I'm old. :)
      May 8, 2018 7:36 PM MDT

:)
    I can see that all as fun, yes.

Somehow, in general, I'm much more impatient with movie audiences making sounds. I don't know, for sure, why the "Creepshow" event was so pleasantly memorable for me.

May 9, 2018 8:21 AM MDT

I am quite leery of such crowd-communion and tend to analyze it to the point where it does not affect me. But I have sporting friends who keep telling me it is wonderful and that I should just go with it. Back in hippie days it was audience crowds most friends told me I should 'go with it' I really does not like the thought of possibly being a part of the crowd that squeezes some poor spectator to death against the edge of the stage.
      May 8, 2018 8:37 PM MDT

For sure -- no squeezing to death others!

I'm still unsure why the "Creepshow" audience helped me enjoy the movie so much. Definitely there was a crowd-communion of a kind. Usually, I wish everyone to be quiet.
      May 9, 2018 8:23 AM MDT

Never! There's always that one a**hole that ruins the experience for everyone at some point.
      May 8, 2018 8:42 PM MDT

Yes, that can happen, too, I agree. More often than a crowd helping. "Creepshow" was really the only time the crowd was so effective for me.
      May 9, 2018 8:16 AM MDT

Yes, by shutting their danged mouths and not letting me hear or see their cell phones.
    ~
      May 8, 2018 11:04 PM MDT

Great points, certainly! Agreed.
    (In my "Creepshow" event, the crowd's voices were only in what I saw as appropriate responses to what was happening on the screen, not loud conversations or comments or whatever, if that makes sense.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 9, 2018 10:12 PM MDT
      May 9, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

not really since they can ruin the movie by talking
      May 13, 2018 4:48 PM MDT

You're not the only one who has said this --  it probably happens more than what I wrote.
      May 19, 2018 7:14 AM MDT