Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Film noir: does this genre of movies have as rich a history throughout the 40s-50s in French film-making as it does in American film-making?

Film noir: does this genre of movies have as rich a history throughout the 40s-50s in French film-making as it does in American film-making?

Posted - May 13, 2018

Responses

The French have always make/made great films ......They were in their time and still are one of the greatest film makes of all time.....
    I would say America too has made some really outstanding films like Casablanca,Wonderful Life ,Once upon a time in America......and far to many to list them all.... Early Directors of these films were were just brilliant....

Today I can't hardly bare to watch them ...Mostly they just rely on colourful film Wizardry, extreme and excessive violence  where people get shot to peices and then return the next day to kick the sh*t out of who upset them.....
    Today America has seriously lost the plot when it comes to great film making.....There is far to much money involved and America avs far behind when it comes to making great films now .....
      May 13, 2018 2:31 AM MDT

Thank you, but I'm only referring to the genre of film noir. 
    ~
      May 13, 2018 2:35 AM MDT

I don't wear Jean's ....You're spelling  becomeing as bad as mine nearly was......:( 
      May 13, 2018 2:42 AM MDT