Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » For those with Click-Bait ads still appearing - - why was that girl kicked out of her prom because adults kept staring?

For those with Click-Bait ads still appearing - - why was that girl kicked out of her prom because adults kept staring?

Posted - May 24, 2018

Responses

What is a click-bait ad?
      May 24, 2018 7:56 AM MDT

I think that's what those ads on the corners of the screen pages are - - with a picture and an enticing (supposedly) tagline -- and they want you to click on it and read the story that usually has around 40-some pages it seems like, that you have to turn one short page at a time.
    :)

Ones appearing on the page for me now - -
    "Dog's Wife Lost Weight and Now Looks Incredible"
    "Conjoined Twins Abbey and Brittany Look Unrecognizable Now"
     "Teen Kicked Out of Prom Because Adults Can't Stop Staring"
        "70's Hit Lyrics Quiz: How fast can you name the song?"

Anyway, the prom one keeps coming up and I'm
     tired of it.
    But I admit I was somewhat interested.

People with Ad-Block type software don't see them, I guess. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 24, 2018 3:14 PM MDT
      May 24, 2018 8:02 AM MDT

I have ad block, but I see them when I go to other sites, like WebMd. I rarely click them.
      May 24, 2018 8:14 AM MDT

I sometimes do and getting to the whole story can take up to 30 minutes, what with waiting for each page to load, etc. Each page of the story has only about four sentences to it.
    I think I'll survive not knowing why that girl got kicked out of her prom -- if she even did. Sometimes the stories lie in comparison to their enticement-line.
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 24, 2018 3:13 PM MDT
      May 24, 2018 8:29 AM MDT

Thanks!  I was wondering how long it would take two get to the end of one of those stories, lol.  The furthest I ever got on one of them was four pages so maybe I have ADHD or something.
      May 24, 2018 3:26 PM MDT

Ha! Yeah, they can go on and on sometimes! I chastise myself for sitting there for so long for so little payoff sometimes!
      May 24, 2018 3:37 PM MDT

I'm not allowed to click the ads because they consider them fraudulent clicks, so when something interests me, I Google the title. I don't know which ad you saw for sure, but I'm betting it related to this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2635272/Chaperone-says-17-year-old-girl-kicked-prom-dress-riding-NOT-dads-ogling.html 

The girl was kicked out of prom because her back end was barely covered by her dress. She claimed it was regulation length, but while she moved around, it rode up and exposed more than intended. Ergo, the staff had to oust her. The sensationalized version is that dads were staring, but the school says that isn't so- she just broke dress code. 
      May 24, 2018 10:04 AM MDT

Ha! I bet that's it!
    Thanks, Just Asking!

My computer strongly advised me not to go to that link in your answer when I clicked on it.

I bet that's the story, though --  because I did read the first couple of pages of the Click-Bait story and it made specific mention of how she 'tested' the length of her dress --  or something like that.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 24, 2018 12:51 PM MDT
      May 24, 2018 12:47 PM MDT

I saw this story on Yahoo, but it was, I thought, a repost of a story I had seen a few months ago, so I didn't click on it again.

If you search  girl kicked out of prom for dads staring  you will find a number of links to this same story---and conflicting reports on what was actually happening.

If it was because the dad's were staring, then where can a girl feel safe if not at a prom?
      May 24, 2018 4:14 PM MDT

Great last line there.

True, too
      May 25, 2018 4:36 PM MDT

i didnt see it since i have adblock
      May 24, 2018 4:28 PM MDT

You're survive! Ha!
      May 25, 2018 4:42 PM MDT

This doesn't make the ads any better, but it does reduce the annoyance slightly.

https://deslide.clusterfake.net/   Delete the 's' so you don't get an error message.

I clicked the link above. It's just the usual: It's a crime to be a teenager.

I think it was over the top though, when that one (female) principal stopped the kids at the door and demanded to inspect the girls' underpants before she would let them in! https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=126132&page=1 This post was edited by Not Sure at May 25, 2018 4:37 PM MDT
      May 25, 2018 4:00 AM MDT

Checking their underwear? Geez!

Isn't there some amendment protecting the right to bear underwear?

Kidding aside, that is crazy. Thanks for adding it to your answer, Jewels Vern!
      May 25, 2018 4:39 PM MDT

And I just did the take-away-the-s thing you suggested. It worked for me!
      May 25, 2018 4:41 PM MDT