Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is Reverse Racism OK?

Is Reverse Racism OK?

Is it OK for the members of a 'protected class' to discriminate against people who aren't of that class?

Claremont students refuse to live with whites

• A group of students at the Claremont Colleges are in search of a roommate, but insist the roommate not be white.
  • Two of the students defending the decision are Resident Advisors at Pitzer College for the 2016-2017 year.

Posted - August 10, 2016

Responses

PRECISELY!!

August 11, 2016 1:45 AM MDT

For how long? Please provide a time period at the end of which this 'repair' will have taken place. A decade? Two?  A century?

August 11, 2016 1:46 AM MDT

I agree--depending on whether the residence(s) at issue is/are private.

August 11, 2016 1:47 AM MDT

Now I'll definitely grant that there's a double standard in the treatment of stories like this one, but despite being beneficiaries of that, the double standard isn't their fault personally. Imo

August 11, 2016 9:42 AM MDT

What is disheartening here is that two of the students commenting here hole resident advisor positions for Pitzer. But as I understand it, the property in question is private.

August 11, 2016 9:51 AM MDT
  • Bez

No form of racism is OK, it's still prejudice and bigotry whichever side of the coin we look at.

August 11, 2016 11:23 AM MDT
  • Bez

August 11, 2016 7:19 PM MDT

(Beans?)

:|
      August 11, 2016 7:46 PM MDT

Yes. Beans.  To call us beings would be to credit us with more intelligence/sentience than we seem to possess. :-)

August 11, 2016 11:35 PM MDT

• The far left have created protected classes that they allow to do whatever they want without criticism.

The reason the far left obsess over discrimination is as a pretext to attack the character of middle class white people because they perceive them as a ruling class. They don't actually give a damn about discrimination as their gross hypocrisy shows. They're just striking at the power, because they want to be the power.

August 13, 2016 2:18 AM MDT

• No reverse racism is never OK. I haven't heard of the Claremont College roommate thing I have to look that up but if they did do that then I am guessing these people subscribe to the "only prejudice plus power equals racism" theory and "white" privilege. Usually these sorts of people believe in those things. I will have to find out later if I am right.

August 13, 2016 9:39 AM MDT

• Yeah I mentioned the SJW term of racism which is "power plus prejudice = racism" and that most people who subscribe to that theory believe that non whites can't be racist because they don't have power to do so they can only be "prejudice" even though the second definition of racism IS prejudice but never mind the facts :)

Most likely these people in that college probably subscribe to some sort of that indoctrination theory.

August 13, 2016 9:43 AM MDT