Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Why do us Trump supporters take all this s**t from hate questions asked here against us and the President?

Why do us Trump supporters take all this s**t from hate questions asked here against us and the President?

Posted - May 27, 2018

Responses

I flagged some of those questions and was informed that no one is immune from criticism and that that kind of thing is allowed unless they degenerate into personal attacks on us.  What has been so ironic to me is that the same people who have accused others of hate turn out to be the haters.  Which I guess they feel is OK since they see their cause as above reproach. 
      May 27, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

Good idea. Im going to start using that option of flagging from now on too. Maybe that will help me cope with the constant exposure to all this hateful nonsense.
      May 27, 2018 2:15 PM MDT

Just filter your homepage to show Questions and that will eliminate the majority of them. 
      May 27, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

I tried to do that, but the front page current discussion board is still the first thing that pops up when I come here.
      May 27, 2018 3:47 PM MDT

If you filter it....they will leave. 
      May 27, 2018 5:30 PM MDT

You can hide a user's postings on your home page. You will only see their questions if someone else posts an answer to them. If there is someone who always answers them, you can hide them too. I know I am enjoying the mug a lot more since I started doing this. Click on the down arrow on the right side of the post and select 'hide all by xxxxx'.
      May 27, 2018 6:31 PM MDT

That would get old, I agree. I usually don't support President Trump too much but I try not to hate here --  or anywhere. A couple of times I've failed here and posted what I regretted but apologized and things turned out OK, I believe.

It wasn't fun for me, too, to be damned to hell endlessly and beat up verbally for being gay (in so-called real life, not here in answerMug). I got tired of that. Didn't take the s**t so much -- just tried to figure it was ultimately their problem, not mine -  - and it's come a long way for the better. I guess that's not related to what you asked, though.

Hang in there, though -- you make me laugh here!
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 28, 2018 8:29 AM MDT
      May 27, 2018 1:11 PM MDT

Aw, thanks. You make me laugh to WelbyQuentin. Your answer alone has made me lighten up a little. Your rock. ))
      May 27, 2018 2:11 PM MDT

Thanks
      May 27, 2018 3:25 PM MDT

I should've left more of a reply maybe. I'm glad my answer helped make you feel lighter.
      May 27, 2018 3:52 PM MDT

I know what you meant. Your always a sweetheart. ;))
      May 27, 2018 3:52 PM MDT

• Do you see an attack on the president as an attack on you? I was an Obama supporter but an insult against him didn't feel like an insult against me. Now if someone had said "Obama supporters are leeches and communists" then I would've felt differently because that is attacking me.

Nothing excuses attacking users here; those are bait questions and they should be ignored or reported. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 28, 2018 8:32 AM MDT
      May 27, 2018 1:31 PM MDT

Saying that the Trump base acts in a certain derogation behaviors is, to me, name calling, indirectly, but i take it as a cut down and insult.
      May 27, 2018 2:06 PM MDT

OK but I would not take it so personally.  We have to realize that there are people like that and they are entitled to their lives and freedom of speech as well as we are. 
      May 27, 2018 2:10 PM MDT

I know that. And thank god I have just as much right to my freedom of speech as she does. I made the mistake of using names, which I was immediately confronted about by AJ. There are limitations to free speech when under a COC established in all interactive sites. I appreciate that. Just getting sick of the non stop insults directed toward Trump supporters. Im over it. lol 
      May 27, 2018 2:14 PM MDT

• Having Scots Irish ancestry helps. We're more than tough, more than combative. Cities and castles suffer ruin when we lay siege to them. We are tribal and we fight for the good of the collective. All of that just in the old country. We've given this nation its best generals, soldiers, governors and presidents. We're resilient, resourceful and we love getting riled up. Kinda makes one long for the good ole days.
      May 27, 2018 1:52 PM MDT

LOL Yes. ;))
      May 27, 2018 2:10 PM MDT

Because it's a democracy and we all believe in freedom of speech? Personally I wouldn't say that it's ever been personal, more indirect. When one refers to Trump supporters that leaves it up to individuals to identify or not with that label.. and even within that it doesn't necessarily mean one identifies with all of the characteristics associated with the stereotypical Trump supporter. 

I utterly despise the revolting charmless nerk that is Trump - the man is a proven liar and he has NO, and I do mean NO class. That's enough for me to despise him. I find him abhorrent in every way.  Saying that though doesn't equate to anything personal to anyone here. 

I had no idea you were a Trump supporter, it makes sense now why you supported Zeity in his post to me. 
      May 27, 2018 2:21 PM MDT

It is also a psychological truism that we most easily recognize both the strengths and weaknesses in other who have the same strengths and weaknesses we possess.

It scares me that a Trump supporter can say that he voted for Trump because Trump must know a lot about business because he has gone bankrupt so many times.

I'm almost 73, and never in my life have I been around a group of people and thought "There are just too many intelligent people who are also trained in thinking in this crowd."

It gives me hope that he was elected by a minority of the voters.
      May 27, 2018 6:53 PM MDT

It gives you hope for what? You've been around long enough that you should know that the nationwide popular vote is meaningless in a presidential election. All that indicated was that, as expected, certain deep blue states such as California voted overwhelmingly for Clinton. What got Trump elected is that he won the popular vote in enough states to garner the majority of electoral votes. Why haven't you learned that a US presidential election is NOT a national election but a collective aggregation of 51 SEPARATE ELECTIONS in each state plus DC? Not knowing that explains why you were misled by and thus totally misinterpret Clinton's popular vote majority.
      May 27, 2018 9:42 PM MDT

Considering that you did nothing to prevent Trump's election - as you were in no position to - any opinion you offer about him is to be taken with multiple grains of salt.
      May 27, 2018 9:46 PM MDT

Avoiding two members takes care of most of them.  
      May 27, 2018 2:37 PM MDT

HAHHA Yes, your right . ;))
      May 27, 2018 3:39 PM MDT

Never let 'em see you sweat!
      May 27, 2018 3:55 PM MDT