Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever misjudged someone in either a good or bad way? Like you thought they were nice then found out they weren't or vice versa?

Have you ever misjudged someone in either a good or bad way? Like you thought they were nice then found out they weren't or vice versa?

I am pretty good with my instincts and can usually read people pretty well, but even I make the odd mistake. Like there was this guy I once refused to meet - because he had displayed anger and frustration in conversation - so simply for my own safety I didn't meet him.. We did communicate after that and we met twice. He wasn't at all an unsafe person and was actually quite nice, one of the most intelligent people I know... 

Posted - May 27, 2018

Responses

I don't like to judge people before I meet them.Then I still try not to judge them...just observe. I know you are a nice person.
      May 27, 2018 2:44 PM MDT

That's lovely of you to say.  Sometimes you have to judge a bit.. like the guy I mentioned, as a woman, and a mother, I had to be sure as I could be that if I met him, I'd get to come home again in one piece. I actually met a lot of people from online as I did online dating and I have to say that there were only 2 situations where I felt frightened and where my life was in danger. 

I think there are more surprises online as we don't always get a fully rounded picture. 

May 27, 2018 2:54 PM MDT

Well, one day I visited a Halloween house.  It had  lot of scary things inside.  The person who lived there had a "brother" who sat in a chair and didn't move a muscle.  Not one flinch or any detectable movement of any kind.  There is only one person I know who can do that.  hahahahahaha
      May 27, 2018 5:18 PM MDT

What do your instincts tell you about me?  Would you like to meet me at Stonehenge on August 9th? Or for a "spot of tea?" This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at May 27, 2018 8:23 PM MDT
      May 27, 2018 8:21 PM MDT

I think that the majority of failed relationships result from either one or both parties having misjudged the other person in the beginning without taking the time necessary to get to know each other better. I know that along those lines, I have certainly misjudged and have been misjudged. 

~
      May 27, 2018 11:13 PM MDT

yes, i think everyone has
      May 28, 2018 3:42 PM MDT