Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Real Estate » Would you consider living in a hotel permanently if it was cheaper than a mortgage and the room service was fantastic?

Would you consider living in a hotel permanently if it was cheaper than a mortgage and the room service was fantastic?

Posted - June 4, 2018

Responses

I would rather live in a house and pay the mortgage but if it were a choice between a hotel and an apartment I'd pick the hotel.

I just looked at apartments.com for my area and there are only two available.  The one-bedroom apartment is $420/month and the two-bedroom is $675/month.  The cheap hotel in town always has rooms available for $600/month so that would be a lot less hassle but being a cheap hotel I'm guessing the room service isn't really fantastic.
      June 4, 2018 4:37 AM MDT

No because my lifestyle includes cooking and cleaning.  And there is just not the level of security when you know you are living in somebody else's house. 
      June 4, 2018 4:41 AM MDT

Yes. (Where do I sign up?)

~
      June 4, 2018 5:36 AM MDT

I have stayed in a hotel for a summer while looking for a place.
    Usually a monthly guest does not get service a nightly guest does at a hotel. 
      June 4, 2018 5:46 AM MDT

That's pretty much what "retirement centers" or "assisted living" is.
      June 4, 2018 7:42 AM MDT

A hotel that’s cheaper than the average mortgage would not be one you’d want to spend more than a couple days in. 
    There’s a reason nice hotels are expensive, somebody’s gotta pay the service providers. 
      June 4, 2018 4:28 PM MDT

Maybe the presidential suite somewhere nice, like Vale Colorado.
      June 4, 2018 6:25 PM MDT