Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is it really possible to "read" someone accurately within 5 seconds to one minute? I guess some folks can. Are you one of them?

Is it really possible to "read" someone accurately within 5 seconds to one minute? I guess some folks can. Are you one of them?

Posted - June 10, 2018

Responses

It depends what you are trying to find out from them. If you’re playing poker and the person has “tells” then they can be read easily. He either has good cards or he doesn’t. Its impossible to read someone that gives nothing away. 
      June 10, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

That's why professional gamblers wear sunglasses at the table isn't it Gypsy? So you can't "read" their eyes? I think experienced gamblers pick up on that really fast. But in one's normal day to day life if you meet someone at work or at a party or something "normal" like that can you tell right away if that person and you will be compatible? Or does it take while? I can immediately "sense" vibes for lack of a better word. That is to say I know immediately if I'm comfy or if I'm not. I've always been that way. Where it comes from I don't know. Maybe it's  instinct. What about you? Other than gambling if you do? Are you good at it or not so hot? Thank you for your reply. To use a cliche some folks play their cards very close to the vest and never divulge anything. :)
      June 10, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

I don’t gamble anymore. I was never that good at reading people’s faces. When I meet someone for the first time I can be quick to make an opinion of them. Too quick maybe. You can’t judge a book by its cover. I try to not form opinions of people too quickly because in the past I’ve been wrong. 

I spoke to my mums friend on the phone the other day and I thought he sounded drunk. I judged him. Later on I had found out he had just had his teeth removed and that affected his talking. I felt bad after because I was too quick to judge
      June 10, 2018 8:48 AM MDT

Gotcha. Here's the sad thing Gypsy. Life moves so fast we never have the time to find out anyone's backstory. So we "judge" by what we have time to see and often it leads to the wrong conclusion. What solution is there for that? Judge slowly? Never judge? Always give someone the benefit of the doubt? If you don't expect you never regret? I dunno. Thank you for your reply.
      June 10, 2018 9:58 AM MDT

Yes some people are very good at that.  No I can't do it. 
      June 10, 2018 8:41 AM MDT

I was a motorcycle parts salesman for 15 years.  I almost never lost a sale because I knew what they wanted in just a few words. 
      June 10, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

I think to be a good salesperson of any kind you have to be able to "read" people accurately bh. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      June 11, 2018 2:32 AM MDT

Well I've been around the block a few times - I've mingled with the good the bad and the ugly and I read body language but there is no way that I can accurately read a person that quickly, So I am almost positive that Trump is trying to fool himself - his supports and the World by saying he can do it in 5 seconds. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 11, 2018 2:32 AM MDT
      June 10, 2018 9:38 AM MDT

Of course  don juan is ALWAYS the best at anything everything something nothing  according to him. No one is bester according to him so "we'll see what happens". I guess tomorrow is the day. I wonder if something will happen between now and then to stop it?  Another Hissy fit? Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Monday! :)
      June 11, 2018 2:43 AM MDT