Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think could be a workable idea for nations to have a robot as head of state to make general decisions and policies?

Do you think could be a workable idea for nations to have a robot as head of state to make general decisions and policies?

Would be continuous up to date input all things that a head of state should be aware of. 
Advantages 
Disadvantages 

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.newsweek.com/russia-putin-could-face-controversial-robot-next-year-president-election-741509%3famp=1

Posted - June 19, 2018

Responses

It's a cool idea.
    I'm sure a computer or robot could calculate some pretty strategic plans and create very efficient policies.
    However it might be too predictable or easily hacked into by other countries.
    I would trust it over Trump, but that's not saying much.

June 19, 2018 2:24 PM MDT

I think could be a means to eliminate racism, prejudices and other kinds of nasty things...
    Yeah the problem of being hacked could upset the whole apple cart.

And who would be in charge of ensuring reliable sources of data uploads..? This post was edited by Kittigate at June 19, 2018 3:30 PM MDT
      June 19, 2018 2:32 PM MDT

Yup, it could be scary.
    Imagine if the military was just all robots too.
    Robots and drones fitted with firearms and all under the control of the main computer or "Robot President."
    Robots with guns is a scary possibility these days.
    Can you imagine if there was an issue and they started killing people?
    You can't stop the thing.
    It would be nice if it could solve racism, but who knows?
    Maybe the robots would just wipe us all out to solve racism.
    It might calculate that eliminating us is the most efficient solution.

June 19, 2018 2:58 PM MDT

Robots could compile stats, compare data and render solutions, but COULD NOT think sentiently beyond their programming. Information would need to be input into them/it. 
    This places a great emphasis on WHO programs the robot(s), what their biases are, and more importantly, why would people choose to be governed by a dispassionate machine that could conceivably “go down”, be hacked or infected by viruses. This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 19, 2018 9:13 PM MDT
      June 19, 2018 6:09 PM MDT

You mean like voting machines?
      June 19, 2018 11:09 PM MDT