Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Has Trump created a sort of Hitler SS type followers, loyal beyond reason?

Has Trump created a sort of Hitler SS type followers, loyal beyond reason?

(CNN) Donald Trump is presiding over a sunset to democracy that is spreading across the world, eradicating much of the spirit of globalism that once was a beacon to freedom, free trade, and democratic values.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/opinions/sunset-to-democracy-opinion-andelman/index.html

Posted - June 19, 2018

Responses

It seems so. No matter what he does, they still adore him. 
      June 19, 2018 4:32 PM MDT

You got my drift...
      June 19, 2018 6:50 PM MDT

I did. 

They'll excuse absolutely anything he does. When he said he could shoot someone in the street and not lose supporters, people thought he was joking or being facetious, but he wasn't; and he wasn't wrong. 
      June 20, 2018 5:04 PM MDT

A sort of Hitler SS type followers, as in my question, 'MEANING' kissing a$$ regardless..cult-like.
      June 19, 2018 6:51 PM MDT

Please be more specific. Nothing like that is happening in the US. Do you even know what the SS did? Do a bit of reading and historical research before posting ridiculous things like this.
      June 19, 2018 4:50 PM MDT

A sort of Hitler SS type followers, as in my question, 'MEANING' kissing a$$ regardless..cult-like.

I'm well versed in the SS, you should be too...  I don't need your advice on posting..read more carefully... This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at June 20, 2018 4:57 PM MDT
      June 19, 2018 6:46 PM MDT

From Wikipedia:

They were tasked with the detection of actual or potential enemies of the Nazi state, the neutralization of any opposition, policing the German people for their commitment to Nazi ideology, and providing domestic and foreign intelligence.

The SS was the organization most responsible for the genocidal killing of an estimated 5.5 to 6 million Jews and millions of other victims in the Holocaust. Members of all of its branches committed war crimes and crimes against humanity during World War II (1939–45). The SS was also involved in commercial enterprises and exploited concentration camp inmates as slave labor. After Nazi Germany's defeat, the SS and the NSDAP were judged by the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg to be criminal organizations. Ernst Kaltenbrunner, the highest-ranking surviving SS main department chief, was found guilty of crimes against humanity at the Nuremberg trials and hanged in 1946.

I don't care what you think or say about President Trump, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING even remotely comparable to what the SS was or did is happening today in the US or anywhere else, and it's incredibly ignorant to suggest otherwise with a question like this. That you or anybody would think such a thing is totally amazing.

June 19, 2018 7:17 PM MDT

No, Stu, you are amazing..just like Trump you are 'NEVER' wrong. Your point or no point Eh! That's (Andrew Dice Clay) believable...

it's incredibly ignorant to submit an answer like that.  Hitler also had the I'm never wrong attitude to which the SS blindly followed, just as someTrumpsters now do.
      June 19, 2018 7:41 PM MDT

I'm not that important, but there simply is nothing going on in the US today like the SS and all of that cruelty and inhumanity. To equate anything happening now with that is not only ignorant, but just plain wrong. That's all there is to it, and it doesn't matter who says it or makes the point. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at June 20, 2018 5:25 AM MDT
      June 19, 2018 8:47 PM MDT

No, this is nonsense. The SS was a paramilitary hit squad under the command of a Hitler underling Heinrich Himmler, jack-booted thugs who committed murders, kidnappings, and countless other atrocities. 

No such force is at work in the US. I’m no fan of Trump, but it is a poor comparison to equate him to the monster of Nazi Germany. This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 19, 2018 8:48 PM MDT
      June 19, 2018 6:17 PM MDT

June 19, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

That’s a horse of different color. If you had said a “cult-like” following, or an army of lemmings, I for one would agree with that. 

But the German SS can be more effectively compared to ISIL or Boko Haram than to die-hard Republicans. We should be careful in making our comparisons to notorious villains. 
      June 19, 2018 7:07 PM MDT

I'm talking of traits ( a sort of Hitler SS type followers,' loyal beyond reason')
      June 19, 2018 7:14 PM MDT

IDK BUT i SUSPECT YES. iT Sseems that the Trump supporters i know follow him no matter what. They only believe what he says and if any nes source dare criticses him or at the very least report factual negative news regarding trumpkoff's polcies its fake news.   So no matter how much one can report factual negative reports they simply shout fake news,    For example news reports claiming racist incidents, hate crimes,  hate groups  increasing under Trump is "fake new""
      June 19, 2018 8:17 PM MDT

But the supporters of any president or leader follow him/her and believe what he/she says. It happened in the recent past with Bush and Obama. This really is no different.
      June 19, 2018 8:52 PM MDT

???

You are rattling off code words of no fixed meanings. That amounts to an invitation for everyone to display whatever baloney they like the most.

Matthew 22:37 Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment.

God is the God of rightness. If you don't put rightness first, it doesn't matter much what you do instead.
      June 19, 2018 11:04 PM MDT

You're confused again.
      June 20, 2018 2:48 AM MDT

When/if Mr Trump begins to babble incoherently due to old age/senility,  fatigue,  drugs -whatever- his supporters will not notice anything different;  they just continue to think "oh yes.. he is always so right and true!"
      June 20, 2018 6:12 PM MDT