Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you have any hang ups?

Do you have any hang ups?

Do you have any fears or insecurities that prevent you from being able to fully enjoy your life or are you shameless and free as a bird?

Posted - June 21, 2018

Responses

I enjoy life.  Things in which I have no interest I ignore.  
      June 21, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

• My shyness can be a major obstacle. For the most part, though, I enjoy my life even if it's often a quiet life. 
      June 21, 2018 10:52 AM MDT

I'm sure that my hard-learned skepticism about the intentions and/or motivations of others has negatively impacted potentially positive relationships. 

I'm equally certain that it has served me well at times. 
      June 21, 2018 1:27 PM MDT

Hmm...interesting.
    I was thinking more about people wanting to lose a few pounds or just being uncomfortable with themselves.
    I didn't think about the skepticism that we get about relationships after we have some experiences.
    I guess it could hold us back or possibility free us depending how we see it.
    Like I just don't trust people when it comes to romantic relationships anymore.
    It's sad, but I'm at a point where I'm fine with it.
    I don't have expectations for them.
    I don't trust anyone who doesn't earn it.
    I kind of feel like I may actually be free now because I've excepted those things.
    It's so complicated huh?
      June 21, 2018 1:40 PM MDT

Humans are exhaustingly complicated, even in relationships that aren't romantic in nature. 

Having no expectations of people sounds like a promising concept, but if you have no expectations, it means you don't care. No one really wants to be in a relationship (romantic or otherwise) with someone who doesn't care, right? Who wants to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't care one way or the other? 

June 21, 2018 1:57 PM MDT

I guess maybe what I mean is that I'm learning to compartmentalize relationships.
    I can care about a woman and be a good friend to her or I can have sex and make love to her, but I don't necessarily need her to commit to me anymore.
    I just feel like people are very weak when it comes to love and sex and promiscuity, infidelity etc.
    I just see it happen over and over to everyone around me.
    I do love women, but I just don't expect total loyalty anymore.
    If it happens great, I'll appreciate it.
    I'm just not going to give that one issue the power to destroy me anymore.
    You know what I mean?
    I can absolutely love women, but they don't have to be perfect.
    That's my strategy.
      June 21, 2018 2:17 PM MDT

Now that sounds complicated!
    Accepting that absolutely no one is perfect if a great place to start.  
      June 21, 2018 6:42 PM MDT

Yeah. Six of my eight grade school teachers were big women, and in those days teachers had absolute authority over kids. It was essentially a crime to be a kid. So I grew up with a total aversion to women bigger than I am. And most American women are bigger than I am. So I am condemned to a life of loneliness.
      June 21, 2018 1:31 PM MDT

That's sad, It's unfortunate that you had to fear them as a child.
    It must have traumatized you to some extent.
    On the up side, there are some really short women out there too.
    Maybe you can find one online.
    If not, then I hope you find other awesome things to do in your life.
    To be honest some relationships are hard and can cause a lot of pain as well.
    I question everyday whether or not I want to get into another one.
    Sometimes it's nice just to have all sorts of people to talk to online and in person.
    They also make awesome sex toys for men and women these days if that makes you feel any better?
    If you want to be a parent there's kids to mentor or adopt too.
    There's ways to be happy even with our hang ups.
    I hope the best for you. : )

June 21, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

I'm afraid so, but none of you will ever know about them in an open forum.
      June 21, 2018 1:43 PM MDT

It shows on the site - - lack of self-confidence at times and some anxiety.
    But I'm getting better at not making those hang ups so important. Just deal and go on. I go on with gratitude.
    :)
      June 21, 2018 2:25 PM MDT

Absolutely.
    You seem like a good guy to me. : ) This post was edited by Summer at June 21, 2018 4:15 PM MDT
      June 21, 2018 3:04 PM MDT

Thanks, Summer. You do, too, to me.
    :)
      June 21, 2018 3:08 PM MDT