Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » A new Gallup poll shows that more than 50% of those asked believe President Trump is intelligent, decisive, and able to bring about change.

A new Gallup poll shows that more than 50% of those asked believe President Trump is intelligent, decisive, and able to bring about change.

Do you agree or disagree and why? Responses are welcome from the usual suspects (you know who you are!) and others.

Posted - June 25, 2018

Responses

But I seriously doubt that you know him well enough to know whether or not he's contradicting himself intentionally for some political or other reason. If he is, then obviously he's a lot smarter than you think he is. The fact is that you and others don't really know, so you are engaging in pure, outright speculation based on what you wish to be true, and what you wish to be true is based on your own bias. After all, if he's smarter than you think he is, you couldn't very well bash him for being stupid, now could you?
      June 27, 2018 4:09 PM MDT

I remember thinking at the time that Nixon could not have been stupid enough to have done Watergate and therefore thought it could not possibly be true.

June 27, 2018 7:58 PM MDT

Nixon’s problem was paranoia. He was a smart guy, but not the smartest guy in the room. That was probably Kissinger. 
      June 27, 2018 8:06 PM MDT

Makes sense.  I was still in a theoretical mode at that time.
      June 27, 2018 8:21 PM MDT

LOL, you took the words right out of my mouth.
      June 27, 2018 9:21 PM MDT

not sure what to think
      June 28, 2018 5:00 PM MDT