Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » I've had the meeting; it didn't go well.. now what? What do you do when things go badly? But you know they are just playing hard ball?

I've had the meeting; it didn't go well.. now what? What do you do when things go badly? But you know they are just playing hard ball?

Posted - June 27, 2018

Responses

I go on YouTube and type in brain healing music. Then I pick out a video that calms stress and negative energy. Its wonderful, and it works. I even sometimes put on sleeping music to help me go to sleep.
      June 27, 2018 1:21 PM MDT

Things along the lines of what carbonproduct suggested is what I do, too.

Talk to a trusted friend.

Serenity Prayer (it seems that you know that other factors contributed to how you interpreted the lack of success of the meeting --  and that those factors are out of your control, maybe?)

Exercise

Be Well
    :)

welbyQ

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 27, 2018 5:41 PM MDT
      June 27, 2018 2:29 PM MDT

All good stuff.. yea it's out of my control, they don't have a leg to stand on and probably know it but think they can bully me..  I did stand up for myself and I DID challenge them on every bit of incorrect stuff they threw at me.. but ultimately it was disappointing that they are taking the stance they are. I am lucky I have an additional career tee hee and that is a very positive and protective one.. 
      June 27, 2018 2:33 PM MDT

Sounds like, under the circumstances, you're doing well.
    :)
      June 27, 2018 2:35 PM MDT

You go on with your life, but you keep fighting for as long as you have to. As far as how to fight, I have no idea. I'm sorry.:-( This post was edited by Zack at June 27, 2018 3:21 PM MDT
      June 27, 2018 2:37 PM MDT

It's ok.. i am one of these people that life likes to chuck s*** at ... it's the way it is for me.. I've had to fight all my life, had to fight for my kids and now I get to fight for myself.. I do have a very good case and if needed I have legal insurance.. I don't want to go that route but if I have to I will. What's annoying is that I am asking for a tiny thing to support my wellbeing after I suffered a lot of stress that made me ill. they could make this very small concession, it wouldn't cost them anything, no one would be harmed or put out, and it would increase efficiency - but they are refusing because they are being bloody minded..  And in the face of that my injustice muscle kicks in.. 
      June 27, 2018 2:52 PM MDT

When things are going badly for me ... I blow things up.

As far as work goes ... if I know I'm in the right, I just do it.  If they tell me otherwise, I explain the reason I'm doing it (usually it's the law or government regulations, anyways).  >  They could fire me, but I know all the "superuser" passwords to the payroll/HR system and benefit websites.  LOL
      June 27, 2018 3:15 PM MDT

I just get drunk.
    As far as at work, I never had that problem. I solved problems and made changes. That was in the Navy.
    At school, I usually did whatever I wanted to do. The last three years they started to tell me what to teach and how to teach it. That's why I retired.
    But that isn't your situation at all. What is the concession you asked for? Why didn't they think it reasonable?
      June 27, 2018 3:29 PM MDT

Actually, you're being directed to something better.

June 27, 2018 4:28 PM MDT

maybe you should ask for another meeting
      June 27, 2018 5:47 PM MDT

• Make sure you have your hard evidence available.
    If it's stress, use the reports from your doctors and psychologists.
    Hopefully, you kept a work diary which recorded stressful situations, and a record of emails and memos.
    Hopefully, your colleagues witnessed what occurred and at least one has enough courage to tell the truth.

There are more than a few people who use false stress claims to take advantage of rules that exist for good and necessary reasons. These rorters make it so much harder for the majority who make honest claims.

It is normal that employers and insurers automatically deny, deny, deny
    and will not pay unless forced to do so by law.

Some challenge is good because it pushes us to grow. But when stress is too great or too continuous, it impacts on physical and mental health and leads to breakdowns in teamwork. When businesses push employees into continuous stress or do not make allowances and adjustments for special circumstances, they do nothing but shoot their own productivity in the foot. I wonder when the bosses will learn.

I have no doubts that you operate with integrity.
    From the way you word your comments, it sounds as though you will win.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 28, 2018 3:44 AM MDT
      June 28, 2018 3:42 AM MDT

This has been a bad week for me:  I've made a couple of mistakes, and hate it when I do that.
    I'm wondering if I'm cut out for this after all.  Perhaps I should go back to school and become a veterinarian.  It would only take two years I think.

June 28, 2018 10:35 AM MDT

I don't know what you do or what the meeting was about.  Can you be more specific?
      June 29, 2018 6:41 PM MDT