Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you made of slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails?

Are you made of slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails?

I always thought that was mean... the bit about the puppy dogs' tails... I mean poor puppies! Unless this was when they used to doc dogs' tails and so someone went around collecting all the puppy dog tails? And if the idea is that the ingredients are horrid - surely that's not so with puppy dog tails? 

Me. I am made of sugar and spice and all things nice :P

Posted - July 1, 2018

Responses

• I always hated that when I was a kid. I used to think "why can't I be sugar and spice and everything nice?!" Boys get the short end of the stick. lol
      July 1, 2018 10:02 AM MDT

And I always thought the boys were lucky cos they had exciting stuff they were made out of.. but yes, I hated it too. Kids are smarter than they are given credit for, I always thought it was rubbish. 
      July 1, 2018 2:03 PM MDT

I must not be made of puppy dog tails as my dogs tail moves a lot more than I do.  (If I tied my Fitbit to his tail I'd get over 100,000 steps a day).
    I've never eaten escargot, so I'm not made from snips of snails (but then again, I don't like a lot of salt...)
    I'm not diabetic so I'm probably not made of sugar (aspartame.. maybe)
    When I accidentally grate/slice my fingers while cooking, it definitely doesn't make the food taste better; so I'm not made out of spice.

I'm always finding cat hair everywhere (even in my mouth).  I've always blamed the cats, but what if I'm made out of cat hair?
    I'm forever finding squeaky ducks, stuffed hedgehogs, teddy bears and chew ropes in my bed and bathroom.  I thought it was the dog, but what if I'm made out of dog toys?
    I cant keep the cats out of my lap or make them stop licking me and snuggling - even on hot days.  Could I be made of catnip?
    I do find a lot of clods of earth in my house.  I thought it came from my garden shoes, but what if I'm made out of dirt?

My pets love me, so perhaps ...  I'm made of all these things.

(The cats say I'm definitely not made of fish)
      July 1, 2018 10:03 AM MDT

The possibilities are endless as to what you are made of :) If your cat likes you whatever you are made of must be good stuff :)
      July 1, 2018 2:10 PM MDT

I could be, but my family females members (and others) are made of.

This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at July 1, 2018 2:54 PM MDT
      July 1, 2018 11:29 AM MDT

I am sure they are lovely really... and if not... well lucky you, you have a lot of fun trying to stay alive :P
      July 1, 2018 2:55 PM MDT

July 1, 2018 5:57 PM MDT

No. I always found it disturbing. 
    Why would trusted elders tell impressionable children such rubbish? 
      July 1, 2018 12:54 PM MDT

I felt the same.. as a child I thought it didn't make sense.. was incongruous and it bothered me....  Mind you, I believed the one that went, if you swallow an apple pip then apple trees will grow out of your ears... I used to eat as many pips as I could as I wanted trees coming out of my ears which would mean I could have easy access to apples... Turns out that was a lie too. 
      July 1, 2018 2:02 PM MDT