Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Anyone ever have fireworks almost land on them?

Anyone ever have fireworks almost land on them?

Ive been going to this church 2 blocks away from where i live, tonight they had their womens meeting, i usually dont go cause i dont drive and they dont always do it there but i got lucky tonight cause they were doing it so close so i decided to go. they were doing pizza and a movie, i really enjoyed it, anyways, on the way back this lady walked back with me cause she was only a block or so away from me, when we were crossing the street, it wasnt the cars that were coming at me, it wasnt even busy then but I had to move fast cause a firecracker was coming right at me, I dont think it was deliberately thrown at me, i think they were just throwing them and probably didnt think of that kind of stuff happening, it landed almost right next to me. I was beyond ticked. I didnt have my trac fone with me, wish i had had it with me but they probably wouldve blown it up with their fireworks. and yes, i did call the police about it and told them so they could stop them from throwing it,i felt i needed to tell them before some other innocent person got hit. I think someone upstairs was protecting me to be honest cause it came so close but never touched me, anyone else ever have that happen?

Posted - August 13, 2016

Responses

i hope you stopped drinking so much after

August 13, 2016 10:43 PM MDT

I have taken direct hits from fireworks. We used to put on safety glasses and fire them at one another. I finally grew up and stopped this at about age 18 when we were doing it in town and some nut job got angry and hit one of my best friends with a baseball bat. I took the bat from him then he proceeds to hit another guy with his fist and broke some of his own bones, at that point I had to persuade the guy not to shoot him and my friend was taken to the hospital.. The guy was luckily from out of town but he was arrested a few days after.

I don't know why people can't just shoot fireworks at each other and have fun.

August 13, 2016 10:59 PM MDT

Those roman candles were great for shooting at each other. It was stupid but I don't regret it.

August 13, 2016 11:01 PM MDT

Well! Some people have all the excitement!

When I was a kid it was still considered normal for kids to play with firecrackers on 4th of July. One teacher assigned an essay on "What I learned during summer vacation." One kid's essay consisted of a single sentence: "Don't eat pancakes and syrup for breakfast on the 4th of July."

August 14, 2016 2:22 AM MDT