Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Will you share a few movie titles of films that you think are excellent but you think few people have seen?

Will you share a few movie titles of films that you think are excellent but you think few people have seen?

Here are three of mine (maybe I'll try to eventually add some art of each film).

"Frailty"

"Strangers in Good Company"

"Ravenous"

Image result for Image result for ravenous movie poster Image result for strangers in good company movie poster

Posted - July 9, 2018

Responses

• Well, I don't like recommending something as subjective as entertainment, but "The Old Man & the Sea" could easily be considered a classic.  Low budget movie ... huge story.
      July 10, 2018 10:59 AM MDT

I went to a theater to see "Lord Of The Rings" and it was so dark I couldn't enjoy it. I found out later that most places use digital lenses and if you run a flick that does not have a DRM code, it reduces the brightness. The projectionist is supposed to take the lens off for that, but it is such a chore that they usually don't do it. So I haven't paid for another flick since then. I have downloaded several free movies, such as "Idiocracy", which was good but not great, mainly just a comment on society. "How To Train Your Dragon was very good, but I haven't gone looking for the sequel. The best was "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines Or How I Flew From London To Paris In 25 Hours 11 Minutes" (1965). Red Skelton was one of the stars.
      July 10, 2018 3:42 AM MDT

I've seen the " . . . Rings" movie and I really liked the " . . .Flying Machines"!
    Sorry the "Lord of the Rings" was too dark. That's a long movie, too,  -- let alone watching it darkly.
      July 10, 2018 10:56 AM MDT