Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » Did your father never go to school and never did nothing but fight?

Did your father never go to school and never did nothing but fight?

Posted - July 15, 2018

Responses

My father quit school before finishing third grade because he thought the teachers were too uppity. He carried a bullet to school and the teacher freaked out. (This was 1918.) His father was a jerk too, so he didn't go home either. They found him a week later, living in the woods. 

He left his father's household at age 13, hitched a ride across a state line, and got a job as a construction laborer. At age 21 he married a 15 yo girl. For a while he manufactured ornaments of lead, which he plated with copper. Then he opened a lead mine in the desert. 

Every detail of this story is a crime now.
      July 15, 2018 1:10 AM MDT

• Wow man! I feel for you! My father was a military hero crumb bubbly moron! Look forward to war! That kind of stuff bro.
      July 15, 2018 1:18 AM MDT

My father went to a private school, a posh school, but he didn't learn much... He hasn't ever fought though. 
      July 15, 2018 5:16 AM MDT

my father didnt fight
      July 15, 2018 5:39 PM MDT

• My dad had to quit school in the 4th grade. He eventually attained the equivalent of a high school education. He'd fight at the drop of a hat and I admired him for that trait.
      July 18, 2018 12:05 PM MDT

I never knew what was up with my dad. He never seemed to fight anything. He graduated from Boys Town(like an orphanage) and was sort of locked into doing manual labor until he retired. It won't do any good as to why things turned out for him that way. Maybe it was me being born. This post was edited by Zack at July 18, 2018 5:33 PM MDT
      July 18, 2018 12:09 PM MDT