Active Now

Danilo_G
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Why did some hippies give other hippies a bad name?

Why did some hippies give other hippies a bad name?

We were the only ones who tried to connect to an Indians pure lifestyle!

Posted - July 15, 2018

Responses

It seems to me that the 1960's hippies (the original) were much more about a way of life and thinking. They believed in working with the Earth, peace, and not harming each other.  Now, we have a different generation of hippies.  They may still think they are projecting that life but don't go about it the same way.
    Other are just posers.  
    It's hard to name a definitive reason as to why they say and do what they do.
    If they were/are a true hippie, it would seem bad-mouthing another hippie isn't at all what being a hippie was all about. 
    I do believe in many of the hippie/Indian beliefs and lifestyle.  I don't try to look like one and say I am one.  I do think it is more about mentality and choices.  Why one would bad mouth another, I have no clue.  It doesn't fit.
      July 15, 2018 1:09 AM MDT

• Life's extreme. It seems extreme at least. You chopped that one up very finely. Technology has and is taking us for a mindless ride!
    Posers and losers and wannabes and slackers. You know in you're heart and do what it tells you! Just you, the earth and the sky! 
      July 15, 2018 1:25 AM MDT

Big smiles and goosebumps!  I agree :) :)  Be free and happy.  We have many things we take for granted.  I can only hope our infatuation with man-made things is a passing trend.  Unfortunately, I really don't think that will pass in my lifetime. :(.
      July 15, 2018 1:38 AM MDT

LOL Hippies are human beings like the rest of us :P Some are good, some are less so... there will always be bad apples in every bunch... but generally speaking the ethos of hippies remains something that inspires many :)
      July 15, 2018 5:11 AM MDT

I never knew anybody who claimed to be hippies. I only knew some who liked the free love part and others who wore funny clothes but resented being associated with the concept.
      July 15, 2018 11:28 AM MDT

cause they didnt like them
      July 15, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

Well, that's just how it works.  Be careful about with whom you hang around.  
      July 16, 2018 6:55 AM MDT

Hippies were always popularly perceived negatively because they (or should say we because believe it or not I was one back in the day) were seen as irresponsible.  The sex, drugs, rock and roll, and communal living did not help that image.   
      July 16, 2018 9:10 AM MDT