Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Element 99
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What kind(s) of coffee do you think is better or more enjoyable than 'famous' Starbucks?

What kind(s) of coffee do you think is better or more enjoyable than 'famous' Starbucks?

Posted - July 17, 2018

Responses

Home made coffee....especially in good company....;-)
      July 17, 2018 9:29 AM MDT

Right 
      July 17, 2018 9:35 AM MDT

Lay out a paper towel with a coffee filter centered on it. Put 2/3 cup of grounds in the filter, gather the corners of the towel, and fasten with a twist tie. You need the towel because the filter isn't big enough to tie. You need the filter because the towel has holes in it. Put the bundle in 24 ounces of water and let it soak for 24 hours. Discard the grounds and refrigerate the concentrate.

When you are ready, mix one part concentrate with three parts water and nuke it. This gives a low acid brew comparable to Kona at 1/10 the price. I use whatever coffee is on sale at the discount store.

I have never been to a *$. My brew is plenty good enough.
      July 17, 2018 12:52 PM MDT

• "I've never been to a Starbucks."

July 17, 2018 5:37 PM MDT

Absolutely everyone else's. Coffee comes in five descending stages - Coffee, Java, Jamoke, Joe, and Carbon Remover. Starbucks is no better than grade four.
    Australians are coffee snobs, Starbucks failed here. We won't pay high prices for bad coffee. It's why when English cafes advertise for baristas, they often specify Australians or New Zealanders - we know how and are particular about it.
      July 17, 2018 5:45 PM MDT

That which is brewed in my kitchen.
      July 17, 2018 7:41 PM MDT