Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Were you ever spanked with a switch as a child? If so, do you still remember how it felt?

Were you ever spanked with a switch as a child? If so, do you still remember how it felt?

I've had a lot of people tell me they can still vividly remember the sting of the switch on the back of their legs or rear end even yrs. later. I was so curious about this that I asked a friend of mine to spank me with one so I could finally find out. It packed a good sting but nothing I particularly remember now. The sting lasted a while though. Maybe it hurts worse getting it as a child. Everything is worse as a child.

Posted - August 14, 2016

Responses

I most definitely believe in spanking, but think using a switch seems kind of mean if it's as traumatic as people say. It should only be used for serious wrongdoing on the kid's part not typical child misbehavior. 

August 14, 2016 8:41 PM MDT

Yeah we had paddling in school too. They should probably bring back paddling. Spanking doesn't work on some kids though. It never worked on my mother. She just did it again the next day. She always said she was one of those kids that grounding would've definitely worked better. She got a belt or a switch which she cried about, but it didn't stop her all that much.

August 14, 2016 8:59 PM MDT

It's the unjustness that hurts.My mother spanked me with my paddleball paddle. I took it outside and threw it away. Then she laughed about me getting rid of it. That laugh hurt a lot worse than the paddling. It still hurts.

If you love a kid it doesn't make much difference if you beat him or not. If you don't love a kid it doesn't make much difference if you beat him or not.

August 14, 2016 9:34 PM MDT

I've been spanked with a hand, a switch, a belt, a bo-lo bat, a paddle and a hair brush.  And yes, I remember how it felt.

August 14, 2016 11:40 PM MDT

I had a friend coming up who used to threaten to call the law on his parents whenever they'd spank him.  His dad took him to the local DEFACS office and gave him a tour of the facility and the intake process.  That was the last time my friend complained.

August 14, 2016 11:43 PM MDT

Yes indeed.
    Step mother used to chase me around the house switching my legs...

It didn't work on me unless the paddling was by somebody I respected.

Do you remember how all of those objects felt or only the switch? 

August 15, 2016 6:21 AM MDT

I know what you mean about the attitude toward the kid. Kids can sense how the parents feel about him. 

August 15, 2016 6:22 AM MDT

No I wasn't.

August 15, 2016 1:42 PM MDT

• I got bare hand on bare ass a handful of times. 

Pun slightly intended. 

August 15, 2016 1:46 PM MDT