Active Now

my2cents
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How true in life do you think is "In life, if you don't go to a war, you go to war anyways"?

How true in life do you think is "In life, if you don't go to a war, you go to war anyways"?

Posted - July 21, 2018

Responses

In my case, there is no truth in that statement.
     In others, however, there may be some guilty feelings that they didn't enlist, were not drafted, or escaped combat for other reasons.
    In those circumstances, a person may feel "at war" within themselves because they didn't do what was expected of them during that time.  Doing battle is part of being human.  It's an ugly side but for some reason, we seem to want to.  Especially if a man's peers went to war and he didn't, he may feel left out.  This could be a war within himself as well. 
    That's a tough call CosmicWunderkund.  :) :)
      July 21, 2018 6:55 PM MDT

• I have been known to spring heavies on people or talk egregious about apparent normalcies and maybe because my father was construed to be the most negative guy on the planet by my only sister. His father was a tough cop 35 years and he fought in 2 wars, WW2 and Korea as a bomber pilot captain of B24s fighting over Japan and Guam. He was a dedicated military man but than lost an eye which embittered him. He than dedicated his life to fishing, horticulture and ended his life by finally settling down to make about 100 stained glass windows. Any little noise would wake him up at night and he'd could be irate and I wondered why. People would come over and say; Gee, your father sure is scary looking:) I also assume he could have had some gory in cockpit experiences because he said to my mom; You wouldn't believe how much blood comes from a man or I had a horrible, horrible nightmare. I'll tell you about it later. He once told me to never trust anyone ever. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 21, 2018 7:14 PM MDT
      July 21, 2018 7:03 PM MDT

WoW!  It must have been hard to grow up with such negative energy surrounding you all the time.  Always looking behind your back, perhaps? Or thinking you might do something wrong?  That would seem like tremendous pressure.  Having a lot of Military demands or awareness around, too, must have been hard.  I have a lot of military in my family too.  How I turned out like I did, I'll never know. 
    I can understand  and don't mind your "heavies."  Sometimes they through me for a loop but it's good to keep me on my toes... or off them!!  You can come join in my loops anytime!  :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at July 21, 2018 7:20 PM MDT
      July 21, 2018 7:11 PM MDT

My wars are won by making peace within myself...
      July 21, 2018 7:15 PM MDT

This is going to sound so sappy it might give both of us cavities, but I feel the need to say it.  Sometimes you remind me of some all-knowing guy from the far east that we should listen to.  Like, if we went to the quote section of any site, you would be a person whose quotes we would read.  I don't know why this is but it just is.   I thought you should know.  That's all!

Very profound and I am glad you have inner peace.  ;) ;) 
      July 21, 2018 11:58 PM MDT

What a good thing to have a person like you on this site, the hat of a wizard is reflected in your post, both serious and in fun.  Take Care...

July 22, 2018 6:24 AM MDT

Whenever the wife called (to speak with their husband) at one job I had, they'd tell the husband 'the war department wants to speak with you'. 
      July 21, 2018 7:00 PM MDT

For war is essentially the health of the State. The ideal of the State is that within its territory its power and influence should be universal. 
    ~ Randolph Bourne
      July 22, 2018 12:26 AM MDT

sounds true to me
      July 22, 2018 3:42 PM MDT