Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » I have heard others say "I really hate (somebody). Have you ever said/felt that? I can't fathom it.

I have heard others say "I really hate (somebody). Have you ever said/felt that? I can't fathom it.

Posted - July 21, 2018

Responses

Never. I cant understand what it would be like to have the capacity to hate. Its not where I ever want to be educated.
      July 21, 2018 9:37 PM MDT

• No, I don't think that I have ever felt true hatred for another person. Only frustration and annoyance. People throw around the word "hate" far too easily. 
      July 21, 2018 9:38 PM MDT

•   July 21, 2018 9:53 PM MDT

No, I don’t spend any effort on hating individuals. Hate is too heavy a burden to carry around for someone who’s not worth the trouble. 
      July 22, 2018 5:21 AM MDT

Yes, I have heard teenage girls say that. By the time they are old enough to vote they have learned that it's not wise to admit that they hate. They pretend it's the schnook's fault.
      July 22, 2018 6:22 AM MDT

Yes but never really meant that. I hate unfortunate things that happen to people and I hate that so many people seem to be completely oblivious about what is happening to them nor really care.  Whatever I may think about others they are entitled to their own lives. 
      July 22, 2018 8:48 AM MDT

When I was 11 or 12, I spent the entire summer helping my father spray paint a steel picket fence around a Presidential estate. It was one mile long. I sometimes put my life at risk when I held a big piece of cardboard up to prevent overspray from landing on cars as they whizzed past. Anyway, I saved my pay and bought a new 10 speed bike. (that was big money in the early 60s) Anyway, a thief stole it and I did not have a fond opinion of that person. 
      July 22, 2018 8:51 AM MDT

Yeah.  I am a very passionate person.  However, I have a filter. I would never act upon my rages. 

I hate Trump.  I would not ever look back on his death and mourn such a one.

I wish he would die.  He is the lowest scum on the planet. 

However, I am a spiritual being watching my childish, human reaction to what I think should happen to someone I choose to hate.  It is WRONG.  I know it is wrong, because I do not feel anything but WRONG even feeling this.  He is a toxin from which I have no antidote save, surrender to the inevitable fact that his death is no answer at all.  It is instant gratification with no real value to me or him or the Universe.   So, I realize that my temper tantrums are just strutting and fretting. But I do feel that depth of disgust one feels towards something that is defined as HATE. 

Yes. I hate him. 
      July 22, 2018 8:54 AM MDT

Thank you for your honesty.  I don't find Trump that interesting a person one way or the other though I have to admire his success and work ethic.  I voted for him simply because I agreed with much of what he said.  I do not care for or even approve of a lot of his behavior of the way he handles some things.  Yet, interestingly, in response to the hate on here I feel called upon to defend him.  Which I would not have felt I had to do at all had everyone just ignored him. 
      July 22, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

I don't hate anyone.  I dislike some things about some people, but to hate a person goes against how I was raised and how I have tried to live.  
      July 22, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

yes, ive heard people say that and ive heard it myself
      July 22, 2018 3:37 PM MDT