Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever experienced a Hot Stone massage? Would you want to? (I HATE doing them)

Have you ever experienced a Hot Stone massage? Would you want to? (I HATE doing them)

Posted - July 22, 2018

Responses

Exactly ONE time, and that was more than enough.  It convinced me that I never wanted to do that again.  I've been getting massages for over a decade, and a few years ago, I started getting acupuncture treatments too.  My wife accompanied me, and was not overly thrilled with getting needles stuck into her, but I loved having it done to me.  After about a year of those treatments, the therapist suggested suction-cups and hot-stone massages. Unlike the needles, I was the one who despised these newly suggested procedures after one session, but my wife loved them, especially the stones.  She continued with them for weeks or months, while I reverted to the tried and true acupuncture.

~
      July 22, 2018 9:30 PM MDT

I just don't get it.  I don't like getting them and I don't like doing them.

They are SO BORING and such a pain in the neck to hassle with.  

It's like putting boxing gloves on my hands and telling me to do a massage that way.

What the heck do I need to use hot rocks for?   I don't mind for just an area, like a sore muscle here  and there, but to do an entire massage with this is so irritating.

First they are too hot and then they cool off too fast and you have to keep getting other ones and it just SUCKS to high heaven.  And then you have to clean them after each use and that takes time too.  I hate hot stones and I hate Shiatsu.  (You get to spend half the session using your thumbs, no thank you)

Thanks for listening.

I don't have patience for these slow, boring massages. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 22, 2018 10:23 PM MDT
      July 22, 2018 10:19 PM MDT

not sure since ive never had one
      August 6, 2018 4:27 PM MDT