Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Did you know that America bleaches the chicken meat it sell in their shops,because they like it to look white.?

Did you know that America bleaches the chicken meat it sell in their shops,because they like it to look white.?

How on earth would anyone wish to eat bleached meat and what will it do to your stomach...
I heard today it will be comming to England as soon as we leave the EU .....
I gave up eating MacDonalds because the flies wont land on it...and I would certain not eat any bleached meat....

Posted - July 26, 2018

Responses

All this and I only get to see one of your feet?
      July 26, 2018 9:55 PM MDT

Glad you like it Zack....lol
    Where are your old AB avatar pics gone....
      July 27, 2018 2:37 AM MDT

I can't remember any of my old avatars. Maybe that's a good thing.
      July 27, 2018 6:45 AM MDT

(The ones I've seen have all been really cool.)
      July 28, 2018 8:12 AM MDT

Why thank you.
      July 28, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

Is there nothing not defiled by the Serpent Seed? The last days shall be like the days of Noah when all life was tainted and only Noah remained perfect in his generations, unmodified.
      July 26, 2018 10:03 PM MDT

This is the same meat that people complain about being pink:

So which is bad, white or pink? And would you prefer to get the bacteria that the process kills?

Here is knowledge: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/legal-separation/
      July 26, 2018 11:38 PM MDT

I will never eat another McNugget or chicken from a fast food ever again. 
      July 27, 2018 12:35 AM MDT

That's called Pink slime recovered chicken meats by using acid to disolve the meat from the bones...it's horrendous what large companies expect us to eat.....would you eat it or give it to your kids.....
    American burger meat does not come from one cow only.... The giant corporation mince up one hundred bodies at a time and one contaminated cow carcus can contamin the whole batch.....there are cases where it's killed kids in the states....
    Ive watched many documentaries on netflicks about it...
      July 27, 2018 2:46 AM MDT

No, I did not know that.  How disgusting!
      July 27, 2018 12:22 AM MDT

I don't know how you didn't know but glad you do now.  Buy real chicken and cook it yourself or go to Chick-fil-a.  
      July 27, 2018 1:32 AM MDT

Great advice I think for everyone...Buy your meat from a trusted butcher ...
      July 27, 2018 2:48 AM MDT

It doesn't bleach the chicken.  It's a chlorine wash to kill bacteria.  The chickens are raised in horrible conditions and GMO chickens are really frankenchicks.  I buy organic free-range chicken which is expensive as heck but I love chicken and can't eat the stuff from the big commercial farms.  The ones I buy are puny by comparison as to size but they are 'just chicken' without hormones and such.  
      July 27, 2018 1:35 AM MDT

I've watched many documentaries about unlicensed chicken and pig farms in America......the pig farms contaminate all the land around them for miles ....their urine and dropping runoff into rivers and water courses and pollute huge areas around where they are kept in the most horrific conditions....
    Chickens as well fare badly in how they are kept and abused..... 

Eat at only meat that's been naturally raised and has not been miss treated or messed about with chemically 

July 27, 2018 2:59 AM MDT

But a lot of people like the dark meat. 
      July 27, 2018 5:00 AM MDT

What is that supposed to mean? I have eaten home grown chicken where the dark meat was actually dark. Legs and thighs are dark because the muscles are stronger and get more use, so they have to have reserves of minerals and stuff, and you can taste those differences. They taste a little like dirt, which is basically what they are. 

Nowadays you can't tell the light meat from the dark unless somebody tells you which is which.
      July 27, 2018 6:42 AM MDT

I can....the dark is greasier and does not taste good. 
      July 27, 2018 5:33 PM MDT

The chlorine wash is not to, and does not, whiten the chicken meat.  The purpose of the wash is to kill bacteria from the horrible conditions under which the chickens are raised.  It is a horrible industry.  This is another instance of a foreigner insisting to have access to better information than Americans themselves.  
      July 27, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

I have never heard of that. I have heard that chicken is sprayed with a chlorine wash to kill harmful bacteria.  It's probably not the ideal way to make chicken safer. That said, we have chlorine in our drinking water as well and other foods are treated with it. Chlorine also occurs naturally in many foods including fruits and vegetables. Not ingesting any chlorine would restrict our diets quite a bit.
      July 27, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

Here's what I know.

I know that chickens are raised in slaughterhouses.  The conditions are so deplorable, no one in their right mind would devour a corpse that has been subjected to fear and pain it's entire existence, never seen the light of day and in general have known little but fear.

That energy is in every cell and tissue of that animal.

Have a nice lunch.

Who cares about bleach after a diet of hormones and preservatives?

Don't eat meat. Don't eat poultry. 

July 27, 2018 9:16 AM MDT

That's what I said.
      July 27, 2018 12:32 PM MDT

It has nothing to do with looking white.  
      July 27, 2018 12:39 PM MDT

• I was in McDonald's once and some lady came to the counter with an EggMcMuffin, unwrapped it and showed the manager a fly that was stuck in the cheese. She was very angry, so I highly doubt that she done it herself looking for a lawsuit. She just wanted a refund and probably never went back to Mickey Dees after that.  That was gross and I also dislike McDonald's with a passion. The hamburger meat taste like it has paper filler in it and I've also read that it does in fact have some man made filler of sorts in it. 
      July 27, 2018 1:32 PM MDT

That reminds me of the time I was in 1st grade and found a fly in my milk. It took me over ten years to get over my fear of milk..
      July 27, 2018 7:27 PM MDT