Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Many movies on YouTube direct you to a link to see them. Are these links safe from a virus point of view? Is there any other risk?

Many movies on YouTube direct you to a link to see them. Are these links safe from a virus point of view? Is there any other risk?

Posted - August 13, 2018

Responses

I don’t trust links on the internet. Especially places like Youtube.
      August 13, 2018 7:41 PM MDT

• I'm with Rizz.  I've been burned too many times by viruses and Jeff the killer.
      August 13, 2018 7:49 PM MDT

I am so careless, I should be hit with every virus imaginable, and yet, I am not.

That's all I can offer.
      August 13, 2018 7:55 PM MDT

I'm notorious for refusing to click on links, no matter how tempting or tantalizing they are. It's gotten so bad that my wife will only feed me one kind of breakfast sausages . . .

~
      August 13, 2018 8:07 PM MDT

You are so afraid you might acquire a virus that would disable the key that makes tildes? 
      August 14, 2018 1:00 AM MDT

Tildes must be protected at all costs, even against "imaginary" threats. 
    ~
      August 14, 2018 4:48 AM MDT

I will no longer click on any "links" - too many bad experiences.  If someone has something to say to me let them state it directly or at least paraphrase it. 
      August 14, 2018 5:10 AM MDT

If these links are, in effect, offering pirated movies, then I would say there is a significant risk they will contain viruses or malware.

I have never heard of anyone getting a virus that way but I don't think it's worth the risk. I would never use a free movie streaming site unless it's recommended to me by someone whose opinion I hold in high esteem, and even then I would still have ethical objections.
      August 18, 2018 9:59 AM MDT

Great that you have ethical objections.
    Creatives deserve to be fairly paid for their work, and very few are.
      September 11, 2018 6:34 PM MDT