Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are there only two sure things in life; death and taxes wrong because there are three being s%it happens?

Are there only two sure things in life; death and taxes wrong because there are three being s%it happens?

Posted - August 15, 2018

Responses

Death is a package deal with life on earth. When you sign up to live here, you must also sign up to die here.  No one gets out of here alive.  It's all great though if you know what a blessing it is to be alive for a moment. :)  Taxes, welllll, you can work your way around those.  Unfortunately, the big companies seem to know this trick too and us middle-class people pick it up.  Sales tax is out-of-control.  I think if you are willing to buy an item for a price that should be it.  We shouldn't have to line the pockets of people already in front of us.  And shit does come with living.  It works biologically and with sh*ty occurrences throughout our lives. I have a special bucket for those times.  When it is full, I don't allow any more in. 
      August 15, 2018 6:28 PM MDT

• Unlike death and taxes, sh*t isn't always a bad thing ...Once upon a time, there was this little sparrow, who while flying south for the winter froze solid and fell to the ground. And then to make matters worse the cow crapped on him, but the manure was all warm and it defrosted him. So there he is, he's warm and he's happy to be alive and he starts to sing. A hungry cat comes along and he clears off the manure and he looks at the little bird and then he eats him. And the moral of the story is this: everyone who craps on you is not necessarily your enemy, and everyone who gets you out of crap is not necessarily your friend, and if you're warm and happy no matter where you are you should just keep your big mouth shut.  (From the movie "Assassins")
      August 15, 2018 7:03 PM MDT

• That's hilarious! ;-D
      August 16, 2018 8:15 AM MDT

If I would add a third certainty to life, it is CHANGE. Everything does, it is the only true constant. 

August 15, 2018 8:14 PM MDT

How sh** happens depends on your religion. 
    Taoism: Sh** happens.
    Confucianism: Confucius say, sh** happens.
    Progressive Islam: When sh** happens, it is the will of Allah.
    Fundamental Islam: When sh** happens, take a hostage.
    Judaism: Why does sh** always happen to us?
    Atheism: I don't believe this sh**.
    Agnosticism: What is this sh**?
    Catholicism: If sh** happens, you deserve it.
    Protestantism: Let sh** happen to somebody else.
    Buddhism: if sh** happens, it isn't really sh**.
    Zen Buddhism: What is the sound of sh** happening?
    Hinduism: This sh** has happened before.
    Nihilism: Who gives a sh**?
    Scientology: Sh** happens on page 162 of Dianetics by L Ron Hubbard.
    Rastafarianism: Let's smoke this sh**.
    TV Evangelism: Send more sh**.
    Hare Krishna: Sh** happens, rama rama ding dong.
    Jehovah's Witness: Invite me into your home and I will tell you why sh** happens.
      August 15, 2018 10:46 PM MDT

• Thanks for the laugh. ;-D
      August 16, 2018 8:13 AM MDT

What does that mean?  I've heard people use that expression but never understood it.  Just sounds like something people say when they can't think of anything better to say.  I don't think it is very expressive at all or very nice.  But then I suppose a lot of people think being nice is somehow not "real". 
      August 16, 2018 5:35 AM MDT

I am not sure that sh** happens to everyone.. some are able to circumnavigate it by luck or money or... 
      August 16, 2018 11:22 AM MDT

Those are the ones who MAKE sh** happen - by being a$$holes.
      September 10, 2018 6:38 PM MDT

thats true
      September 10, 2018 4:44 PM MDT