Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Would you like to share with us a random thought?

Would you like to share with us a random thought?

Posted - August 18, 2018

Responses

I think I have an idea that I do maybe ....it's my notion for a lotion that can be changed into a potion ..:)D 
      August 18, 2018 6:15 PM MDT

I have 14 grasshoppers taped to my back! This post was edited by 1123 at August 24, 2018 2:32 AM MDT
      August 18, 2018 6:22 PM MDT

Do they make you jump when they move ? :)D 
      August 24, 2018 2:32 AM MDT

"Now is the time for all good men people to come to the aid of the party country"
      August 18, 2018 6:34 PM MDT

• I landed a job and start Monday.  Thanks to everyone for their well wishes in finding one. :-)
      August 18, 2018 6:35 PM MDT

Yaaaaa-Whhooooo!  Good For Youuuu!

I'm clapping along because I'm Happy! For YOUUUU!  Yippppeeee!

:) :)!!

August 18, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

Thank you, but I will not play that stupid song!
      August 19, 2018 5:58 AM MDT

It's o.k.  No one will make you. :)
      It does present a happy and congratulations thought.  I am happy for Point of light.  It is always nice to be self-supportive and feel you have talents needed.  I was showing Point of Light I applaud him/her.  :) :)
    Thank you for thanking me! 
      August 19, 2018 11:02 AM MDT

• Thank you, Merlin.  
      August 19, 2018 10:43 AM MDT

GREAT!!!
      August 19, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

Taaaa Daaaaa!!!
    Sometimes you hit the nail right on the head Beans.

I have a similar motto I adopted from TUT.  Not TUT from Egypt but TUT standing for "Totally Unique Thoughts."  Believe it or not, I too get down in the dumps and frustrated.  These guys really helped me out in the past.  Their motto is:
    Thinks Good Thoughts Because Thoughts Become Things.  Make Them Good Ones."
    It has proven true more often than not! 
    Happy Days,  Beans, :) and continue to think good thoughts. :) :)
      August 19, 2018 11:32 AM MDT

Took a quick look at that  "Totally Unique Thoughts." site, thanks for the information, I  might revisit it...

Taking the time to say “Hi”, enjoy your evening/night:)

Hopefully, we're friends even though not on a list...

August 19, 2018 3:07 PM MDT

Beans, you were and still are one that I consider not an acquaintance and not only a friend but a good one!!  In fact, you and Baba were the first two people I talked to here and I have a feeling we knew each on ASK.com for a minute before they shut down.  
    Anyway, I get TUT every morning and have for years and years.  My mom turned me on the them way back when.  They are great.  They are good things to think about through out the days of life. I'm so glad you took a look!! :) :) 
    Please don't feel obligated to answer this but why don't you have a list? I think I might know why.  Never mind.  Have a great evening and take care.   Love, Merlin :) :)
      August 19, 2018 10:25 PM MDT

No matter how busy you think you are,  make time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance. 
      August 18, 2018 6:59 PM MDT

• Mental stagnation is truly terrible.
      August 18, 2018 8:46 PM MDT

Not all butter is equally tasty. 
      August 18, 2018 8:29 PM MDT

"The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf."*

This one is for you, Element only because of your love of Science:

"Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 millions miles, unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet, thanks to you. "*

If you come across this question Randy, this quote reminded me of you. Big smiles:

The person who proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a Grammar Nazi. "*

* 30 Of The Most Hilarious Shower Thoughts. This post was edited by Merlin at August 19, 2018 1:58 PM MDT
      August 18, 2018 8:30 PM MDT

LOL. Truth.
      August 18, 2018 8:43 PM MDT

Acquire your news from multiple sources, including sources from all sides of the political spectrum. Getting your news from very few sources and only sources that tell you what you want to hear only makes you a sheep.
      August 18, 2018 8:40 PM MDT

Huge Smiles!  So True!  The power of the press and what they would like you to know can be truly one-sided.  Fox News comes to mind.  Not that I want to get into it.  I really don't do politics well.
    I totally Agreee Rizz! :) :)
      August 18, 2018 8:52 PM MDT

So true. The press is not an enemy of the people, a free press is a pillar of democracy and a shield against tyranny. Anyone who’d tell you otherwise is a despot-in-waiting, or a pawn of one. 
      August 18, 2018 9:19 PM MDT

I completely agree. I’m 100% behind freedom of the press. I still don’t trust them. This is why I read from several sources from far left to far right. From there I do my best to find the truth. 
      August 18, 2018 9:38 PM MDT

• Don, you're looking at it from the point of view of an idealist. I would tend to agree with you in theory, but theory and practice are two distinctly different things. A media that distorts, misrepresents, deceives, concocts, hides or covers up is no defender of the public interest, nor are they a "pillar of democracy" or a shield against tyranny. Honest reporting of information and being a political mouthpiece with an agenda, is just not the same. 
      August 18, 2018 9:52 PM MDT

DA- Few entities truly operate as theorized, but we owe ourselves a media with unencumbered freedom to report news just the same, don’t we?
    As Rizz pointed out, it is most wise to gather data from various sources to build the best informed view. This describes the scientific method. 

IMO, we are looking from the view of a cynic, and mistakenly so, if we summarily brand all media as a distortion, or that with which we merely disagree as “Fake”. 
    No doubt some is, but that is left for us to determine, not for “political figures” to dictate to us that we must disbelieve what we see; that all we are told is inherently false. That is a well-worn road to despotism. 

Patrick Henry had a fine quote on this: “The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be secure when the transactions of their rulers are concealed from them.” This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 19, 2018 2:00 PM MDT
      August 19, 2018 6:31 AM MDT