Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Can you name/say one thing that you admire or even envy/feel a little jealous of about another country? Real or perceived.

Can you name/say one thing that you admire or even envy/feel a little jealous of about another country? Real or perceived.

This was inspired by a post on another thread.. 

For me, I envy and/or am jealous of American wooden houses and the land that seems often to come with them... I envy how endlessly adaptable and customisable/extendable they are.. We have brick or stone houses mainly and they are a real pain to alter... Oh and I totally an green with envy of porches... we don't really have them in the same way.  I also envy the sheer amount of space... land... UK is quite a congested little island. 

I admire Japanese elegance and determination. Such fascinating people. I admire their longevity and hard working ethic.  And I adore green tea with roasted brown rice and Japanese curry.

I love almost everything about Italy and Italians :P But especially their passion and their food. 

There's loads more but you get the idea :P

Posted - August 21, 2018

Responses

Well then, just for you I revise the word and would insert instead admire? I mean in the widest sense of the word, in that we can learn, respect and gain something enriching, I feel, from other cultures and other scenery... Even if we prefer our own turf, it's nice to appreciate other landscapes :)
      August 24, 2018 11:26 AM MDT

• I would like to visit Norway for its natural beauty, but then there are places here that are beautiful that I haven't seen. I'd like to see Scotland because it's my family's ancestral home, but then, this is my home and it's more important than Scotland.
      August 24, 2018 12:11 PM MDT

Of course, there's no place like home. Nice to visit and appreciate other places tho.
      August 24, 2018 1:32 PM MDT

that its warnner than where i ann
      September 9, 2018 3:50 PM MDT