Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Was the ever in recorded history a purely rock throwing war?

Was the ever in recorded history a purely rock throwing war?

Posted - August 28, 2018

Responses

Probably, but it was too embarrassing to record.... or the participants were all illiterate. This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 30, 2018 5:27 AM MDT
      August 28, 2018 7:05 AM MDT

I would venture to say No.  The population explosion had not happened yet and there was room enough for all back then.  Nobody was cramping anyone's style or stealing women or worried about what God they prayed to.  If there had been and it wasn't recorded, how would we know? 

Then again, we do have Shot Put in the Olympics and Javeline Throwing.  Even though those competitions are about distance and strength, they could hold some relevance of warring abilities.

My last thought on the subject is if any people were to have such a war, it would have been the Scottish.  Even though they putt around a tiny, little,  ittie-bittie ball through vast rolling greens, they also have tree throwing competitions.  If they can throw a tree, they probably can do some damage with a rock, too.  It's probably in your best interest not to aggravate a Scot too much.  

August 28, 2018 8:19 AM MDT

Yes...the Romans used torments' or Onagers and  the French used Trebuchets to frow large Rocks....they also her repeater Ballista's which were huge repeating cross bows that fired huge spear like fings....

It were the word Duck first originate from or when it was first used...:)
      August 28, 2018 8:52 AM MDT

I would venture to say that when David slew Goliath, it ended the war....so I guess THAT was purely a rock throwing war......
      August 28, 2018 11:06 AM MDT

Talk about a rockin' party!!
    Good Point!
    Thanks for the wonderful letter. :) :)  I'll get back to you sometime today.  I have a moment off!  YeAAA!  :) :)
      August 28, 2018 11:21 AM MDT

That made me think of something else, Merlin......Battle of the Bands when it's Rock bands. Would THAT be considered a 'rock throwing war"? ;-)

Glad to know the mail was delivered!!! Looking more than forward to hearing from you!!!!

A moment off?? I think you are like me.....my 'free' time makes me a thief because it isn't 'free', it's stolen moments of time...lol This post was edited by stillhavingfun123 at August 30, 2018 5:28 AM MDT
      August 28, 2018 11:27 AM MDT

Exactly!  I'm off for a moment but see you soon! :) :)
      August 28, 2018 11:43 AM MDT

not that i know of
      September 7, 2018 3:58 PM MDT