Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » As a teenager, when you got caught doing something you shouldn’t have, what were the consequences? And how did you handle it?

As a teenager, when you got caught doing something you shouldn’t have, what were the consequences? And how did you handle it?

Posted - September 21, 2018

Responses

But, but, but surely you know I was a perfect angel as a teen. I never did or said anything wrong, so there were no consequences. 
      September 22, 2018 1:30 AM MDT

Hmm. Keeping your secrets close, hey? :)
    I guess some teenagers never go through that phase - just go straight to adulthood - the ones that had to look after siblings because their parents couldn't. Or some are so dominated that they don't rebel till after leaving home.

There was a time when I incited a riot by throwing paper bags full of (very) cold water on the girls while they were showering. Not knowing the culprit, they came running out and exacted revenge by throwing unravelled toilet paper and talcum powder all over the dressing cubicles.
    When the house mistress announced that she was going to punish everyone, I had to own up to get the others out of trouble - they couldn't help it, I said, because they just got carried away by girlish high spirits. I had to clean up the entire mess and copped a term-full of extra morning chores.
    But I had the forgiveness of my peers, so it was worth it.

This post was edited by inky at September 22, 2018 6:34 AM MDT
      September 22, 2018 2:41 AM MDT

In school I never got caught. We actually lit up a smoke in English class. The teacher was an idiot. We also used to light up in the back of the physics lab behind a cabinet before the teacher got there. He knew we were doing it, but didn't care as a cloud of smoke would follow him into the classroom. At home I never really did anything as a teenager to get into trouble, as my mother really didn't care what I did anyway. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 22, 2018 6:39 AM MDT
      September 22, 2018 6:38 AM MDT

My mother would make me come home after school until she forgot about it or lost interest.  Consequences were increasing alienation.  And I handled it by escaping more and more into drugs. 
      September 23, 2018 8:36 AM MDT

i didnt do anything that bad when i was a teenager
      September 23, 2018 2:41 PM MDT

as a kid
    more times than I care to remember
    A Razor strap to the palms of my hands...
    ...how did I handle it?
    Screaming in pain
    I would say that my stepmother lied
    and I didn't do it....and that was the truth.
      September 24, 2018 9:05 AM MDT

(strop)
      September 24, 2018 9:10 AM MDT

That happened quite a few times but we managed to handle it every time we are caught!

July 7, 2019 8:47 PM MDT